PPG Steelguard 2458 is a one component solvent based acrylic eggshell finish coat designed for use as part of Steelguard intumescent fire coatings.
PPG Steelguard 2458 is a fast drying product that offers a protective top coating for the PPG Steelguard systems that works to protect the steel surface and prevent damages from occurring. Steelguard 2458 works to retain quality colour and gloss retention, available in strong and light intermix colours.
PPG Steelguard 2458 should be applied using airless spray but can also be applied using brush or roller for touch ups and tricky areas only. Steelguard 2458 offers a theoretical coverage rate of 6m2 per litre, per coat and is fast drying after just 1 hour to touch, ready for a second coat, if necessary, after just 4 hours.
Surface and Environment
PPG Steelguard 2458 can be used in light industrial exposures or coastal environments above the water line on structural steel and is resistant to water and splash of mild chemicals.
- PPG Steelguard 2458 is a single component solvent based acrylic finish
- Finish coat for Steelguard intumescent coatings
- Good gloss and colour retention
- Resistant to water and splash of mild chemicals
- Fast drying
- Theoretical spreading rate 6 m2 per litre at 75 microns
- Touch dry after 1 hour
- Overcoating interval min. 4 hours, max. unlimited
- Please call for further details
- Available in 20 Litres