PPG Steelguard 801 is a single component thin film solvent borne intumescent coating for 90 minutes of protection of structural steelwork against cellulosic fires.
PPG Steelguard 801 provides up to 90 minutes protection from cellulosic fires with the added benefit of being fast-drying, providing short handling times and is suitable for both off-site or on-site application. Suitable for C1 to C4 internal and external environments (ISO 12944); for dry internal (C1) environments no topcoat is required. Weather resistant up to 12 months without topcoat provided the coating has been applied in accordance with INFORMATION SHEET 1222 and is not subject to running or pooling water, high humidity or immersion conditions.
Approved primer must be sound, dry and free from any contamination. Stir thoroughly until homogenous and free of lumps. Apply using airless spray or brush / roller for small areas such as touch up and repair.
- Tested and assessed to EN 13381-8, BS 476-20/21 and Factory Mutual Class number 4970
- CE marked product, ETA 14/0115
- Assessed to ETAG 018-2 for all durability classifications
- Recommended Dry Firm Thickness: 200 - 1000 microns
- Theoretical Coverage: 1.07m2 per litre for 700 microns
- Dry to touch is 20 minutes
- Available in White
- Available in 20 Litres