This product is now discontinued. Please contact our technical team for an alternative.
Scotchkote 165 STD Urethane Coating, formerly Copon Hycote 165, has been specially manufactured as a 100% solids protection system with a degree of flexibility that moves with the substrate in adverse conditions and will not crack or peel under pressure.
Scotchkote 165 STD Urethane Coating has been specifically developed for use on pipelines found internally or externally and works to protect the external lining of the pipe from corrosion and erosion when exposed to outdoor conditions. This product is particularly suitable for use on field girth weld joints on pipeline systems.
Scotchkote 165 STD Urethane Coating has been designed for application using plural-feed handspray for producing thicknesses of up to 2mm in a single coat. Scotchkote 165 STD Urethane Coating has a touch dry time of 4 hours with a theoretical coverage rate of 1m2 per litre at 1000 microns dft.
Surface and Environment
Scotchkote 165 STD Urethane Coating has been primarily designed for use on steel surfaces but also offers excellent adhesion when applied to polyethylene and other common pipe coating surfaces. Scotchkote 165 STD Urethane Coating is highly suited for coating any tanks or pipes that contain aqueous solutions and offers excellent resistance to spillages from most industrial chemicals.
- Scotchkote Urethane Coating 165 STD.
- Formerly Copon Hycote 165.
- Specifically developed as a 100% solids protection system with a degree of flexibility for application by plural-feed hand spray to the externals of pipes.
- The product can be used for external protection of pipes and for field girth weld joints on pipeline systems.
- Scotchkote Urethane Coating 165 STD combines good application characteristics with excellent corrosion protection and chemical resistance.
- It is designed for application by plural-feed handspray at thicknesses up to 2 mm in a single coat. Scotchkote Urethane Coating 165 (S) can also be used for protection of tanks and other structures.
- The product is primarily designed for use on steel surfaces but also exhibits good adhesion to polyethylene and other common external pipe coating materials, and can also be used on concrete surfaces in combination with 3MTM ScotchkoteTM Urethane Sealer 165 CS.
- Theoretical Coverage Rate 1 sq metre per litre at 1000 microns dft.
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.