Selemix Direct is a solvent based 2 pack polyurethane coating formulated to be applied direct onto a wide range of substrates without the use of a primer.
Please note, the Hardener is not included with this product. Compatible Hardeners are 9-070 Direct Hardener, 9-075 Direct HS Hardener, 9-080 Acrylic Hardener.
Selemix Direct is a solvent based 2 pack polyurethane coating formulated to be applied direct onto a wide range of substrates without the use of a primer and is perfect for application on plant equipment, agricultural equipment, cars, trucks, garage doors, cast iron, glass splash backs, shelving plus many more.
Selemix Direct has been formulated as an easy to use and cost effective fast drying single coat paint that can be applied at up to 300 microns wet film thickness saving time and effort on application, Selemix Direct will also provide excellent corrosion protection in aggressive environment such as C5 M rated. This product is not recommended for use in submersion.
Selemix Direct offers high coverage due to it’s high opacity and highly concentrated pigment pastes. Selemix Direct can also be supplied in a range of gloss levels form 10% to 80% and can be tinted to any RAL, BS 4800 and NCS colour codes.
Selemix Direct offers good adhesion on a wide range of substrates such as bare steel, aluminium, galvanised steel, fibre reinforced plastic, light alloys, phosphated steel, blasted steel and previously painted/powder coated surfaces. By adding an additional additive it can be applied to smooth surfaces such as glass making it ideal for creating glass splash backs in kitchens, bathrooms, bars and nightclubs etc.
Selemix is perfect for providing excellent protection on light industrial equipment, plant equipment such as excavators, dumpers, earth movers, agricultural equipment, tractors, combine harvesters, garage doors, roller shutter doors, garden furniture, cars, trucks, railings, architectural metal work, workshop machinery, metal shelving plus many more.
The most popular hardener to be used with this product is Selemix Direct 9-070 Hardener.
Selemix Direct has a theoretical coverage of 4m2 per litre per coat and is suitable for use with airless, air-assisted airless, conventional, HVLP spray equipment or can also be applied via a solvent resistant roller in small areas.
Selemix Direct Topcoats can be overcoated with itself without sanding, for up to 10 days after drying. Otherwise the surface will need to be sanded before overcoating. When applied in optimum conditions at 20 degrees Celsius with no more than 80 % relative humidity and good air flow the coating will be touch dry 1.5 – 2 hours and fully cured after 16 hours.
Selemix Direct is available in 8 Binders and 4 different levels of sheen, matt, low gloss, semi-gloss and gloss.
- 7-530 Direct Binder GL 10%
- 7-531 Direct Binder GL 10% Light colours
- 7-532 Direct Binder GL 30%
- 7-533 Direct Binder GL 30% Light colours
- 7-534 Direct Binder GL 50%
- 7-535 Direct Binder GL 50% Light colours
- 7-536 Direct Binder GL 70%
- 7-537 Direct Binder GL 70% Light colours
- 7-538 Direct Binder GL 80% Light colours
- ISO 12944-6
- Fast drying, easy to use 2 pack direct to metal topcoat
- Solvent based
- Provides protection for ferrous substrates
- Has good adhesion to bare steel without need for a primer
- Particularly recommended for use on agricultural, construction equipment and smooth substrates such as glass
- Spray applied
- Can be tinted to a large range of colours
- 2-3 hour pot life at 20 degrees Celsius
- Drying time can be increased by adding 2% Selemix Accelerator 6-550, but this will reduce the pot life by half
- Compatible Hardeners: 9-070 Direct Hardener, 9-075 Direct HS Hardener, 9-080 Acrylic Hardener
- Compatible Thinners: 1-480 Direct Thinner, 1-470 Direct Slow Thinner, 1-208 Slow Thinner
Single layer system. High thickness: up to 300μm wet film
- Can be sprayed with airless, air-assisted airless, conventional, or HVLP spray equipment
- Good adhesion on various substrates such as bare steel, aluminium, galvanised steel, and fibre reinforced plastic
- High coverage due to highly concentrated pigment pastes
- Theoretical coverage 4,5 m2 per litre with 2 coats
- Dry film thickness of 80μm recommended
- Available in 4 and 20 Litres