Sika Sikafloor 3240 is a two part solvent free, coloured self-smoothing PUR floor resin, with tough-elastic properties. Sikafloor®-3240 makes use of Sika's unique i-Cure technology to improve surface aesthetics and reduce sensitivity for ambient humidity during application.
Sikafloor®-3240 may only be used by experienced professionals. Sika Sikafloor 3240 is provides a smooth wearing course with crack-bridging properties for industrial floors in production and storage facilities, workshops etc. Also suitable for application as a broadcast wearing course with crack-bridging properties for wet working areas (food and beverage industry etc.), car park decks and loading ramps etc. This product is ideal for asphalt surfaces, indoor, as in shopping centres, exhibition and storage areas.
- Flexible and tough-elastic
- Application on asphalt substrates possible (mastic asphalt)
- Good chemical and mechanical resistance
- Solvent-free and low VOC emissions
- Possible slip resistant surface
- Easy to apply and to keep clean
- Not sensitive to moisture
The surface must be clean, dry and free of all contaminants such as dirt, oil, grease, coatings and surface treatments, etc. All dust, loose and friable material
must be completely removed from all surfaces before application of the product, preferably by vacuum. Pull of strength shall not be less than 1.5 N/mm2. If in
doubt apply a test area first.
Prior to mixing, stir part A mechanically. When all of part B has been added to part A mix continuously for 2 minutes until a uniform mix has been achieved. When
parts A and B have been mixed, add the quartz sand F34 0.1 – 0.3 mm and mix for a further 2 minutes until a uniform mix has been achieved. To ensure thorough mixing pour the materials into another pail and mix again to achieve a consistent mix. After mixing leave the mixture for 3 minutes to react before applying.
Sikafloor®-3240 must be thoroughly mixed using a low speed electric stirrer (300 - 400 rpm) or other suitable equipment.
Prior to application, confirm substrate moisture content, relative humidity and dew point. Sikafloor®-3240 is poured and spread evenly by means of a serrated trowel or pin rake. When used in a self smoothing system, roll in two directions with a spike roller to ensure even thickness and to remove entrapped air.
Clean all tools and application equipment with Sika Thinner C immediately after use. Hardened and/or cured material can only be removed mechanically.
- Conformity with LEED v2009 IEQc 4.2: Low-Emitting Materials - Paints and Coatings
- Synthetic resin screed material according to EN 13813:2002, certified by notified factory production control body and provided with the CE mark
- Coating for surface protection of concrete according to EN 1504-2:2004, certified by notified factory production control body and provided with the CE mark
- Emission test according to the German AgBB-scheme and guidelines of the DiBt (AgBB – Committee for Health-related Evaluation of Building Products, DiBt –
German Institute for Building Technology). Sampling, testing and evaluation were performed according to ISO-16000, Report No. 392-2015-00212801_D_DE_02, Eurofins Product Testing A/S, Denmark
- Fire classification according to DIN EN 13501-1:2010-01: Report No. 20150909/01, MPA Dresden
- Outgassing VOC emission certificate: Cleanroom Suitable Materials - CSM. Statement of Qualification, ISOAMCm class -6.9. Tested by IPA report No. SI 1506-
- Biological Resistance Class “Good “–Cleanroom Suitable Materials. Evaluation of the biological resistance in accordance with ISO 846. Tested by IPA report
No. SI 1506-767
- Riboflavin test according to ISO 4628-1 and VDI 2083- 17: Excellent. Tested at Fraunhofer IPA test report SI 1506-767
- Paint compatibility according to PV 3.10.7 tested at HQM Induserv Germany, test report 15-08-15203573-001
- Crack bridging properties following to EN 1062-7 method A, Test report No: 51-15-0056, IBOS GmbH
- Slip resistance class determined according to DIN 51131, test reports 020109-15-16, 020109-15-16a, 020109-15-17, 020109-15-17a, 020109-15-18,
Sika Sikafloor 3240 is used within the following Sika systems:
- Sikafloor MultiFlex PB-32
- Sikafloor MultiFlex PB-32 UV
- Sikafloor MultiFlex PS-32
- Sikafloor MultiFlex PS-32 UV
See Data Sheets tab for System sheet downloadable PDF
|Tintable:||Yes. Please note, bespoke tints are non refundable / exchangeable.|
|VOC Content:||>500g per Litre|
|Suitable Substrates:||Concrete and previous system coatings|
|Application Method:||Serrated trowel or pin rake with spike roller|
|Theoretical Coverage:||Please refer to the System Data Sheets|
|Wet Film Thickness (WFT):||Please refer to the System Data Sheets|
|Dry Film Thickness (DFT):||Please refer to the System Data Sheets|
|Induction Time:||3 mins|
|Pot Life:||40 mins at 10°C|
|Foot Traffic:||1 day at 10°C|
|Light Traffic:||3 days at 10°C|
|Fully Cured:||9 days at 10°C|
|Cleaner / Thinner:||Sika Thinner C|
|Shelf Life:||12 months|
|Packaging:||Available in 25 Kg|
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.