The Traditional Paint Company Pure Linseed Oil Paint is a solvent free highly flexible and durable paint with a gloss finish ideal for the protection of woodwork.
The Traditional Paint Company Pure Linseed Oil Paint is formulated from pure boiled linseed oil which is then combined with pigments for colouring and drying additives. This makes for an extremely environmentally friendly product. The paint has excellent opacity with a high resistance to water, it also extremely flexible making it resistant to crack or splitting over time. These combined attribute make for a highly durable and long lasting coating with a gloss finish.
Due to its natural and traditional formulation Pure Linseed oil paint is not available in vibrant bright colours, but is available in black white and most pastel tones. We can also colour match this product to most RAL, BS and NCS colour codes. Another effect of this natural formulation is an extending drying time, the paint can take up to 2 weeks to cure depending on the weather condition.
The Traditional Paint Company pure linseed oil paint can be applied to both horizontal and vertical surfaces both internally and externally. This paint is ideal for the decoration and protection of hard woods, soft woods, previously painted items, window frames doors, windowsills, external timber, fences, sheds, summer houses, timber cladding, garden furniture, timber structures plus many more
The Traditional Paint Company Pure Linseed Oil Paint is best applied by brush, by working into the surface. To prepare the substrate for painting, first lightly abrade the surface to produce a key. Remove all dust, then clean and degrease the surface . Ensuring the surface is free from any dirt loose particles or contamination.
Traditionally, painters would apply a fine coat of pure boiled linseed oil first to increase adhesion of the paint. This is an optional priming coat as the paint will still be durable without this coat of Pure Boiled Linseed Oil. Apply in thin coats to the surface, rather than in one thick coating.
Take care with application as materials and soiled rags as they may self-ignite without warning. Dispose of safely by lying flat and allowing to dry or clean with warm soapy water to avoid fire risks.
- Oil based pure linseed oil
- Solvent free
- Water resistant
- Highly durable lasting
- Resistant to cracking and peeling
- Can be used internally and externally
- Gloss finish
- Thinner: Thin by adding Linseed Oil but this will reduce opacity slightly. An original thinning method was to stand the tin of paint in a container of very hot water it can also be thinned with Genuine Turpentine but this does reduce the solids content and also risks flammability
- Apply a minimum of 2 coats
- Recoating: Allow 24 hour between coats
- Full Cure: Up to 2 weeks
- Take care with application materials and soiled rags as they may self-ignite without warning
- Dispose of safely by lying flat and allowing to dry or clean with warm soapy water to avoid fire risks
- Theoretical Coverage: Approx 8m2 per litre
- Available in a large range of colours apart from vibrant bright colours
- Available in 2.5 and 5 Litres