This product has been discontinued. FX2002 has now been replaced by Firetex FX2003 - Click here to navigate to the replacement.
Sherwin Williams Firetex FX2002 - Formerly Leighs is a solvent based intumescent single pack thin film coating designed for in shop application to provide fire resistance for up to 120 minutes on structural steel.
FIRETEX FX2002 is designed for in-shop application by airless spray, to provide fi re resistance for up to 120 minutes on structural steel. After appropriate drying, FIRETEX FX2002 specifi cations can be exposed to the weather for up to 6 months provided that the specific use or storage does not lead to ponding water due to rainfall, condensation or other site / transportation/storage circumstances.
For in-shop application, use FIRETEX C69 Fast-Track Blast Primer. Several primers have been approved for use under FIRETEX FX2002. Please consult our technical team for detailed information. Apply using airless spray only - recommended thinner No2. FIRETEX FX2002 is designed for use over a suitably prepared and primed substrate. Ensure surfaces to be coated are clean, dry and free from all surface contamination. Under certain circumstances it may be possible to apply FIRETEX FX2002 directly to steel blast cleaned to a minimum standard of Sa2½ BS EN ISO 8501-1:2007, surface profi le in the range 50-100 microns.For certain dry, internal situations where the final colour / appearance is not critical, then FIRETEX FX2002 may remain un-topcoated. For externally exposed steelwork and severe internal environments Acrolon C137V2 or Acrolon C237 must be used as a topcoat. For other internal environments where a topcoat is required then FIRETEX M71V2 should be used. In all instances for subsequent re-decoration, use FIRETEX M71V2, Acrolon C137V2 or Acrolon C237 as appropriate.
- Certifire Approved – Certificate CF708 (This product has been assessed in accordance with the Criteria of Acceptability given in the ASFP/BCF Industry Guidance Document.
- This product has been tested and assessed in accordance with the ASFP fi retesting protocol for cellular beam protection. See Section 6.3 from ASFP Yellow Book 4th Edition.
- Tested and assessed to EN13381-8
- European Technical Approval ETA-12/0049
- CE Marking Number 1121-CPD-GA5005
- Drying Times: 20 minutes at 23°C to touch, 4 hours at 23°C to recoat
- Colour: White
- Available in 20 and 200 Litres