International Interfine 691 is a two pack, epoxy acrylic isocyanate free cosmetic finish providing good long term durability as a finish coat in both new construction and industrial maintenance.
Approved for use on London Underground, Highways and Network Rail applications. See technical tab for approvals.
International Interfine 691 is designed as a finish coat for use in both new construction and industrial maintenance. For use in a wide variety of aggressive environments including offshore structures, petrochemical facilities, bridges, pulp and paper mills, and power plants. Suitable for both site and factory application situations and is ideal where legislation prevents the use of isocyanates.
International Interfine 691 offers equivalent performance to typical recoatable polyurethane cosmetic finishes.
All surfaces to be coated should be clean, dry and free from contamination. Prior to paint application all surfaces should be assessed and treated in accordance with ISO 8504:2000.
Interfine 691 should always be applied over a recommended anti-corrosive coating scheme. The primer surface should be dry and free from all contamination and Interfine 691 must be applied within the overcoating intervals specified (consult the relevant product data sheet). Areas of breakdown, damage etc., should be prepared to the specified standard (e.g. Sa2½ (ISO 8501-1:2007) or SSPC-SP6, Abrasive Blasting, or SSPC-SP11, Power Tool Cleaning) and patch primed prior to the application of Interfine 691.
Material is supplied in two containers as a unit. Always mix a complete unit in the proportions supplied. Once the unit has been mixed it must be used within the working pot life specified. Apply using Airless Spray, Conventional Spray, Brush or Roller.
- London Underground APR No.2084 - Suitable within an International Paints system. Can be applied below ground to station infrastructure but not to tunnel infrastructure. Suitable for maintenance also.
- London Underground APR No.2081 - Suitable within an International Paints system. Can be applied to below ground station infrastructure but not to tunnel infrastructure.
- Network Rail New Works Systems Approved - Suitable within an International Paints system. N2 Glass Flake Epoxy - XN90/N2-099
- Network Rail New Works Systems Approved - Suitable within an International Paints system. N9 Protective system for galvanized steel - XN90/N9-088
- Network Rail Maintenance Systems Approved - Suitable within an International Paints system. M24 Epoxy Aluminium - XM92/M24-157
- Network Rail Maintenance Systems Approved - Suitable within an International Paints system. M21 Glass Flake Epoxy - XN92/M21-188
- Network Rail Maintenance Systems Approved - Suitable within an International Paints system. M34 HB Epoxy - XN92/M34-153
- Network Rail Maintenance Systems Approved - Suitable within an International Paints system. M24 Epoxy Aluminium - XM92/M24-156
- Highways Agency Approved - Item No. 167
The following primers/intermediates are recommended for Interfine 691:
- International Intercure 200
- International Intercure 200HS
- International Intercure 384
- International Intercure 420
- International Intergard 233
- International Intergard 251
- International Intergard 269
- International Intergard 400
- International Intergard 410
- International Intergard 475HS
- International InterH2O 499
- International Interplus 356
- International Interseal 670HS
- International Intershield 300
Interfine 691 is designed only to be topcoated with itself.
|Type:||Epoxy acrylic isocyanate free|
|Stock Colours:||Only Tints|
|Tintable:||Wide range via the Chromascan system including RAL and BS Shades. Please note, bespoke tints are non refundable / exchangeable|
|VOC Content:||409.0g per Litre|
|Suitable Substrates:||For metal surfaces|
|Application Method:||Brush, Roller, Conventional Spray or Airless Spray|
|Theoretical Coverage:||10.6 m2 per litre at 50 microns|
|Wet Film Thickness (WFT):||94 microns|
|Dry Film Thickness (DFT):||50 microns|
|Pot Life:||8 hours at 5°C|
|Touch Dry:||4 hours at 5°C|
|Overcoatable:||After 22 hours at 5°C|
|Hard Dry:||22 hours at 5°C|
|Cleaner / Thinner:||Thinner not recommended. Clean up with International GTA007|
|Shelf Life:||12 months minimum at 25°C (77°F). Subject to re-inspection thereafter. Store in dry, shaded conditions away from sources of heat and ignition. Do not store above 35°C (95°F).|
|Packaging:||Available in 4 and 15 Litres|
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.