KEIM Restauro-Lasur is a sol-silicate-based, ready to use thin layer coating/mineral stain, for low pigmented coatings on natural stone.
In combination with KEIM Restauro-Fixativ, KEIM Restauro-Lasur is particularly suited to provide a low-pigment, colour-matching finish on sandstone surfaces, e.g. to equalise the colour of repairs to the original stone substrate. KEIM Restauro-Lasur and KEIM Restauro-Fixativ are miscible with one another in any ratio, depending on the desired final effect. For low absorbent substrates KEIM Granital Dilution Spezial-Fixativ is to be used. Not suitable for horizontal and inclined surfaces exposed to weathering.
KEIM Restauro-Lasur has water repellent properties and fulfills the requirements of DIN 18363 sect. 2.4.1.
- Good water repellency
- Protection from weathering and erosion
- Absolutely lightfast and UV resistant
- Minimal soiling
- Retains original stone appearance
- Mineral matt surface
- Stone colour can be matched
The mineral substrate must be dust-free and dry. Poorly adhering existing coatings must be removed.
Pre-fixing: Highly absorbent or sanding substrates require a colourless pre-fixing treatment with undiluted KEIM Restauro-Fixativ.
Low-pigment Lasur finishes: In exterior applications, two coats must be applied to ensure weather resistance. If a particularly transparent finish is desired, just one low-pigment coat may be applied provided that KEIM Restauro-Fixativ has been used to pre-fix the substrate.
Priming coat: The priming coat should generally be applied by brush in highly diluted form. Dilution ratio: 1:1 to 1:20 with KEIM Restauro-Fixativ or KEIM Granital Dilution Spezial-Fixativ.
Finishing coat: The finishing coat may be applied, depending on the desired finish, using KEIM Restauro-Lasur in undiluted form or diluted with KEIM Restauro-Fixativ or KEIM Spezial-Fixativ.
Especially in the case of thin low-pigment finishes, additional moisture-proofing may be necessary on surfaces exposed to severe water loads or to protect moisture-sensitive building materials. In such cases, it is recommended to apply a water-repellent priming coat with KEIM Silangrund and to use KEIM Spezial-Fixativ as diluent for Restauro-Lasur.
A waiting time of 12 hours must be allowed between prefixing and the low-pigment coating, while a waiting time of 24 hours must be allowed between coats of low-pigment coating. In the case of priming with KEIM Silangrund, the following coat of low-pigment coating should be applied after approx. 4 hours
- Clean tools immediately after use with water
- A waiting time of 12 hours must be allowed between prefixing and the low-pigment coating, while a waiting time of 24 hours must be allowed between coats of low-pigment coating. In the case of priming with KEIM Silangrund, the following coat of low-pigment coating should be applied after approx 4 hours
- Theoretical Coverage: 0.1 - 0.2 Litres per m2
- Clean tools with water immediately after use
- Available in KEIM‘s natural stone colour swatches and KEIM Palette Exclusiv
- Available in 5 and 15 Litres