Owatrol Polytrol is best used for revitalising the colour and appearance of tarnished and dulled plastics and fibreglass (GRP) plus many other substrates and works excellently at re-enhancing the surface. Polytrol eliminates the need for waxes and polishes that sit on the surface and dry out quickly.
Owatrol Polytrol is a deep penetrating oil that restores the original look and finish to gelcoat, plastic, metal and many other surfaces, drying to a tough, long lasting, flexible finish. Polytrol penetrates deeply, re-wetting the pigments so restoring the colour and lustre which have been lost through exposure to sunlight, rain and pollution.
Owatrol Polytrol is part of our extensive range of Owatrol Marine products that can be used to restore surfaces such as GRP, faded plastic, powder coated surfaces, and other surfaces used in marine applications.
Owatrol Polytrol is best used to restore the colour and appearance of dull and faded surfaces such as Faded Plastic, GRP, Chrome, Aluminium and Stainless Steel, Flat and Chalky paint work, Terracotta Floor Tiles and many other surfaces that have been suffered from UV deprecation, weathering and pollution, on bare and coated surfaces. Polytrol can be used to restore the shine and protect against corrosion.
Owatrol Polytrol can be applied to most surfaces using either a brush or lint free cloth. Before application ensure the surface is clean dry and free from dirt, grease, grime and mildew. On surfaces such as Stone, Brick, Plastic, Gelcoat and previously Painted surfaces it is recommend that Owatrol Net-Trol is used to clean the surface.
Apply Polytrol liberally to the surface, allow the Polytrol to work for 10-20 minute and then remove excess Polytrol with a clean lint free polishing cloth. Allow at least 12 hours for the product to dry.
If Polytrol is being applied to bare metal, use 000 grade wire wool soaked in Polytrol to apply the Polytrol to the surface, allow the Polytrol to work for 10-20 minutes and then remove excess Polytrol with a clean lint free polishing cloth. Allow at least 12 hours for the product to dry.
Polytrol has a theoretical coverage rate of 18m2 per litre, Actual coverage will vary depending on application method, type, texture and porosity of the surface.
Please consult Manufacturers Product Data Sheet before application.
Surface and Environment
Owatrol Polytrol can be used on all horizontal and vertical surfaces made out of Plastic, gelcoat, GRP, painted surfaces, chrome, brass, bronze, stainless steel, aluminium, and other polished metals.
Owatrol Polytrol can also be used to restore the look of marble, tiles, tombstones, slate and terracotta tiles where the colour and look has faded. Owatrol Polytrol can be used internally or externally in the marine environment.
- Revives the colour and appearance of tarnished and dulled plastics and fibreglass (GRP) (car bumpers, boat hulls, garden furniture, shutters).
- Restores marble, tiles, tombstones, slate, terracotta tiles where the colour and look has faded.
- Rejuvenates and restores flat and chalky paint and varnishes dulled by weathering.
- Restore the shine and protects chrome or polished metals: aluminum, chrome, brass, bronze.
- Works on fibreglass (GRP), plastic, paint, tiles...
- Metals - chrome, brass, bronze, stainless steel, aluminium...
- Car bumpers, boats, garden furniture, shutters...
- Horizontal or Vertical surfaces.
- Do not use Polytrol on white surfaces.
- Apply by brush, cloth or fine wire wool.
- Theoretical coverage: 18 m2 per litre.
- Dry time: 24 hours depending on temperature and humidity.
- Clean up with White spirit.
- 250ml sold as a aerosol, 0.5 and 1 litre as a tin.