Owatrol AP.60 is a rust inhibiting paint for external application to heavily rusted surfaces that need restoring and protecting from further damage.
Owatrol AP.60 is based on a unique formula that combines the fantastic rust inhibiting qualities of Owatrol Oil with that of a high performance corrosion protective paint. Owatrol Oil offers excellent wetting and penetrating properties that enables Owatrol AP.60 to entirely saturate residual rust, and works to penetrate even the deepest pores in the metal to stabilize the surface and drive out moisture and air to form a solid stable layer.
Owatrol AP.60 is a high quality product designed to provide ultra resistance and works to effectively protect metals against the ongoing threat of corrosion and rusting. Creating a solid stable layer than can be overcoated with and number of single pack paints including, alkyd-urethanes, oil-based and glycerophtalic. Ideal for external application to heavily rusted surfaces that need restoring and protecting from further damage.
Owatrol AP.60 can be applied using brush, roller or spray and has a theoretical coverage rate of 16-20m2 per litre, to be applied in dry, normal conditions of around 20 degrees celsius. Owatrol AP.60 has a touch dry time of approximately 6-8 hours under these conditions and can be recoated after 24 hours, providing the temperatures stay the same.
Surface and Environment
Owatrol AP.60 has been manufactured especially for application to rusted surfaces found internally or externally, and works to completely protect and seal the underlying metal against the potential to corrode. Owatrol AP.60 is highly suited for application to fencing, railings, gates, guttering, machinery, automotive parts, steel structures, as well as plastic and wooden surfaces for a matt finish.
- OWATROL AP.60 is made from OWATROL OIL which has been combined with resins, drying oils and pigments selected for their corrosion properties and resistance to weathering.
- New surfaces: Apply 1-2 coats OWATROL AP.60
- Lightly rusted surfaces lightly wire brush the metal, followed by 1 to 2 coats of OWATROL AP.60
- Heavily rusted surfaces remove all loose and flaking rust. Apply two coats of OWATROL AP.60. Add 5-20% OWATROL OIL depending on the severity of the rust, to the first coat
- Rusted paint surfaces we recommend applying a coat of neat OWATROL OIL prior to applying the first coat of OWATROL AP.60.
- Stir well before and during use
- Apply OWATROL AP.60 by brush, roller or spray (depending on the type and size of nozzle used, add between 5-20% of OWATROL OIL to OWATROL AP.60 in order to bring it to the desired viscosity)
- For cleaning equipment use White Spirit, if paint has been allowed to dry on the tools remove with paint stripper
- Theoretical coverage 16 to 20m2 per litre.