Rust-Oleum 569/580 are single pack metal primers for bare and lightly rusted metals, suitable for all uses up to heavy industrial applications.
Rust-Oleum 569/580 quick drying metal primers are single pack metal primers for bare and lightly rusted metal. Recoatable after just 2 hours, they provide an ideal maintenance system, in one day. Suitable for all applications, including heavy industrial. Rust-Oleum 569/580 primers can be overcoated with a variety of products from the Rust-Oleum range.
Rust-Oleum 569/580 Fast Drying Primers should be used on new, blasted or slightly rusted steel surfaces. Best performance is achieved when combined with an overcoat of Rust-Oleum 9100, allowing for use in heavy industrial environments and harsh exposures.
569/580 Fast drying Primers for metals, should be applied using a brush but can also be applied using roller or spray. After 1 hour this product will be touch dry and with its extra fast drying time can be recoated within 2 hours. This means the application process can normally be achieved in one day.
Surface and Environment
569/580 Metal Primer is designed for use on new, blasted or slightly rusted steel surfaces. With the use of the variety of Rust-Oleum topcoats, these primers can be utilised for a diverse range of environments. Use 9100 for heavy industrial use and 7500 for light industrial use.
- Primarily intended for brush application, can also be applied by roller and spray
- Fast drying primers based on a aromatic free modified short oil alkyd resin
- Contain rust inhibitive pigments
- Lead and chromate free
- For use on new, blasted or slightly rusted steel surfaces
- Overcoat with Rustoleum 9100 for heavy industrial exposure
- Overcoat with Primer 1060/1080 followed by Alkythane 7500 for light industrial exposure.
- Applied by brush, roller or spray
- Thinner, use Thinner 633 or 641
- Touch dry: 1 hours
- Recoat: 2 hours
- Full cure: 8 days
- Theoretical coverage: 12 m2 per litre
- Heat resistance: 120 Degrees C.
- Cleaner use white spirit