Rustoleum 7500 Alkythane GLOSS offers a corrosion resistant top coat for structural steel and can be applied at low temperatures of 5 degrees C.
Rust-Oleum 7500 Alkythane GLOSS is a Lead Free Structural Steel Paint for use on metal substrates. 7500 Alkythane GLOSS offers a corrosion resistant top coat for structural steel and can be applied at low temperatures of 5 degrees Celsius. Rust-Oleum 7500 Alkythane GLOSS will be dry in two and a half hours. 7500 Alkythane GLOSS metal top coat paint is enriched with rust-resistant pigments provides sufficient corrosion protection, in one coat, on painted surfaces within light industrial settings. A second coat provides additional protection in industrial environments which are more aggressive.
7500 Alkythane GLOSS is a Urethane Modified Alkyd anti-rust paint that offers excellent UV resistance and gloss retention. 7500 Alkythane GLOSS reaches full opacity and protection in literally just one coat, however the use of Rustoleum Alkyd Primer will increase durability. 7500 Alkythane GLOSS provides a waterproof surface to whatever surface it is used on.
7500 Alkythane GLOSS can be applied using roller, brush or airless spray and is available in a wide range of different BS4800, Ral and NCS and house colours. This Structural Steel Paint offers fast drying time even at low temperatures and can be recoated after 16 hours, although this is not always necessary.
Surface and Environment
7500 Alkythane GLOSS is a corrosion resistant topcoat designed for use at low temperatures on structural steel, in an outdoor industrial environment, and can also be used indoors on things like hand rails. Even at 5C Alkythane 7500 is touch dry after 2.5 hours and reaches 90% of its protective effect in a short time. This metal top coat paint is enriched with rust-resistant pigments and so provides sufficient corrosion protection with just one coat on already painted surface in light industrial settings, a second coat provides protection in more aggressive industrial environments.
- Tested to Cori C4 ISO 6270-2 and ISO 9227
- Full opacity and protection in just one coat
- Lead Free
- Less coats necessary for equal anti-rust protection
- Designed for application at low temperatures
- Urethane modified alkyd provides good UV resistance and gloss retention
- Harder wearing than Combicolor
- Contains rust inhibitive pigments
- Tintable to thousands of different colours
- Use Galvinoleum 3202 on galvanised steel, zinc, copper and many plastics
- Prior application of a Rustoleum alkyd primer will increase durability
- 7500 Alkythane can be applied by brush, roller or airless spray
- Thinner: Thinner 633 or 641
- Touch dry: 2 hours
- Recoatable in 16 hours
- Full cure will take 7 days
- Theoretical coverage: 10m2 per litre
- Cleaner: Thinner 160 or white spirit.