Rustoleum High Performance 9169 Epoxy Rust Primer is a two component, solvent based, epoxy primer, designed for application to manually prepared rusted steel surfaces. Available in Red, this rust inhibitive primer can be used as an economical alternative to blasting.
Rustoleum 9169 Epoxy Primer has been specifically manufactured to provide the appropriate protection to rusted steel surfaces. Offering resistance to strong chemicals, acids, alkalis, solvents, products spillages, chemical cleaning, high humidity and moisture conditions.
Rustoleum 9169 Epoxy Primer can be applied using brush, roller or spray, although care should be taken to ensure the right volume of thinners is used. Please see the data sheet for more information on percentages and methods of application. Once applied, Rustoleum 9169 Epoxy Primer has a touch dry time of 2 hours at 20 degrees Celsius and a theoretical coverage rate of 11.7m2 per litre when applied at 50 microns dry.
Surface and Environment
Rustoleum 9169 Epoxy Primer has been designed for application to manually prepared rusted steel surfaces, making it ideal for use internally or externally where rusting has occurred.
- An economical alternative to blasting.
- RUST-OLEUM 9169 High-Performance Epoxy Rust Primer is based on two-component, solvent-based epoxy resins.
- The product contains rust-inhibitive pigments and is lead- and chromate free
- Rustoleum High-Performance Epoxy System Rust Primer 9169 is designed for application on manually prepared rusted steel surfaces.
- Intended for brush application and can also be applied by roller and spray.
- Can be recoated with Rustoleum 9170/80 Primers and 9100 Topcoats, offering the appropriate protection against strong chemicals, acids, alkalis and solvents; frequent product spillage and frequent chemical cleaning; high humidity and moisture conditions
|Type:||Low viscous epoxy rust-primer|
|VOC Content:||371.0g per Litre|
|Suitable Substrates:||For manually derusted metals|
|Application Method:||Brush, Roller, Air Atomised Spray or Airless Spray|
|Theoretical Coverage:||11.7 m2 per litre|
|Wet Film Thickness (WFT):||85 microns|
|Dry Film Thickness (DFT):||50 microns|
|Induction Time:||1 hour at 20°C|
|Pot Life:||4 hours for a 5 Litre mix at 20 °C|
|Touch Dry:||2 hours at 20°C|
|Overcoatable:||After 16 hours, but within 72 hours at 20°C|
|Fully Cured:||8 days at 20°C|
|Cleaner / Thinner:||Rustoleum Thinner 160|
|Shelf Life:||5 years from date of production in unopened cans, if stored in dry, well ventilated areas, not in direct sunlight at temperatures between 5° and 35°C|
|Packaging:||Available in 5 Litres|