Sikagard® 405W (Sterisheen or Sikagard® 205W) is a tough and durable coloured coating which is resistant to repeated cleaning regimes and resists cracks and flaking.
Sikagard® 405W (Sterisheen or Sikagard® 205W) is a single component, coloured, water-borne, modified, acrylic resin based surface coating. It contains an organic based in-film preservative, which is designed for use on internal walls and ceilings and provides the ultimate hygiene factor as this coating can be easily cleaned and maintained in the working environment.
Sikagard® 405W was formerly known as Sterisheen.
Sikagard® 405W has been purposely manufactured for application to walls and ceilings situated in an environment where cleanliness and hygiene levels are of high importance. Sikagard® 405W withstands high levels of cleaning and is particularly suitable for use in areas where bacteria build up is quite common. Examples being, those in the food and beverage industry, hospitals, healthcare facilities and kitchens.
Sikagard® 405W offers excellent covering and 'hiding' power, due to its opacity. It is easily applied, using brush or roller. The result is an elastomeric matt coating that resists cracking and flaking when exposed to conditions that involves higher levels of moisture. It is recommended that two coats of Sikagard® 405W are applied. A second coating can be applied after 4 hours (at 20°C).
Surface and Environment
Sikagard® 405W is suitable for use in all internal environments and provides a surface that can be easily cleaned with mild detergents and cleaning products, on a regular basis. Sikagard® 405W can be applied to concrete, bricks, cement based and gypsum substrates, metallic surfaces, timber, tiles and plastic for a tough and durable result.
Sika Sikagard 405W is used within the following Sika systems:
- Sikagard Wallcoat AL-11 Hygienic
- Sikagard Wallcoat AL-12 Hygienic
- Sikagard Wallcoat AS-12 Hygienic
See Data Sheets tab for System sheet downloadable PDF.
- Sikagard® 405W formerly Liquid Plastics Sterisheen
- A single component, coloured, water-borne modified acrylic resin based surface coating containing an organic based in-film preservative
- Coloured coating for internal walls and ceilings
- For concrete, bricks, cement based and gypsum substrates, metallic surfaces, timber, tiles and plastic
- Suitable for areas found within healthcare, hospitality, prisons and leisure industries
- Can provide a maintenance layer on existing coatings
- Easy application
- Fast drying, so two coats can be applied in one working day
- Elastomeric, resists cracking and flaking
- Good resistance to repeated cleaning regimes (using mild detergents and cleaning solutions)
- Seamless, easy clean finish
- Tough and highly durable
- Good water vapour permeability
- Good covering and hiding power (opacity)
- Mid-sheen finish
- Low odour
- Theoretical coverage 6 m2 per litre
- 5 litres is expected to cover approx 30 square metres per coat
- Sikagard® 405 W conforms to the requirements of LEED EQ Credit 4.2: Low –Emitting Materials:
- Paints & Coatings SCAQMD Method 304-91 VOC Content < 100g/l
- Available in 5 and 15 litres containers.
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.