Sika Liquid Plastics Bonding Primer is an adhesion primer for use on concrete, masonry, tiles, insulation foams, bituminous surfaces, plaster, cementitious renders, screeds and mortars.
Sika Liquid Plastics Bonding Primer is a two component, water-based, rapid curing product, specifically developed to create a high adhesion coating ready for an overcoat with Sika Liquid Plastics Roofing/Balcony Systems or Sika Hygiene Finishers.
Sika Liquid Plastics Bonding Primer is a versatile product that can be used with Sika Liquid Plastics Roofing Systems, Balcony Waterproofing Systems, Hygiene Coatings and External Wall Coatings. This high performance product is capable of withstanding adverse weathering in external conditions as well as providing a formidable bond for finishing products to adhere to.
Sika Liquid Plastics Bonding Primer can be applied using short-piled roller, brush or airless spray and offers a drying time of just 3 hours at 20 degrees Celsius, ready for a recoat. Bonding Primers are an essential part of any external system, and this product in particular is top of the range in a competitive industry.
Surface and Environment
Sika Liquid Plastics Bonding Primer is highly suited for use on concrete, masonry, tiles, insulation foams, bituminous surfaces, plaster, cementitious renders, screeds and mortars.
- Sika Bonding Primer
- Used in conjunction with Liquid Plastics Decothane, Sterisheen, Steridex, Sterimatt, Steribase, and the Sikaguard Hygiene Systems
- A rapid curing, water based primer consisting of two components; a pre-reacted epoxy resin dispersed in water (Part A), and a waterborne modified polyamine solution (Part B)
- Two-component primer to consolidate substrates and enhance the adhesion of Sika Liquid Plastics Roofing and Balcony systems and Sika Hygiene products
- Theorectical Coverage Rates: 0.08 L/m2 (12 m2/L) on non-absorbent substrates, 0.125 L/m2 (8 m2/L) on absorbent substrates (i.e. prepared, dry concrete) or 0.17 L/m2 (6 m2/L) or 2 coats, each at 0.08 m2/L on green, uncured, damp cementitious surfaces
- Rough, porous, absorbent or undulating surfaces will inevitably increase the quantity of primer required
- Available in 5 and 15 Litres
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.