Glixtone Fungi-Shield is a water-based coating offering long term protection against fungal attack, mould or mildew, as approved by the National Landlords Association (NLA).
Glixtone Fungi-Shield is a water-based, hard wearing, decorative, interior coating designed to offer long term protection against fungal attack and the growth of mould or mildew. Available in matt and silk finishes, this product is highly suited for application to most interior walls and ceilings.
Glixtone Fungi-Shield FS42 - FS43 is highly suited for application in areas of high humidity and exposed to a large level or moisture, such as kitchens, breweries, cellars, laundries and leisure centres. After 20 years of service, Fungi-Shield has never had a problem in providing long lasting protection against mould, blackspot or fungal growth and when dry the coating is easy to maintain and wash.
Glixtone Fungi-Shield FS42 Matt - FS43 Silk can be applied simply using brush, roller or spray and provides the appropriate protection against fungal attack after just 2 coats. With a fast drying time of just 4 hours you can produce 2 coats in one day and protect your walls and ceilings against mould and blackspot.
Surface and Environment
Glixtone Fungi-Shield FS42 - FS43 can be applied to most common surfaces, commercially or domestically that are found above ground level, to provide decoration and high level of moisture protection to prevent the growth of unsightly bacteria. Walls and Ceilings are the best surfaces to apply Fungi-Shield to, as they are the most common places in the home to suffer attack from mould, mildew, black spot and algae.
- Glixtone Fungi-Shield FS43 Silk or FS42 Matt Decorative Interior Coatings kill and prevent the growth of mould, algae and fungus
- This fungi-shield paint is available in matt and silk finishes which are suitable for areas subject to warm, moist air including kitchens, breweries, cellars, laundries and leisure centres
- Glixtone Fungi-Shield can be mixed to most pastel colours of your choice
- All products are water-based, washable and very hard wearing
- They are non-toxic and odour free when dry and totally resistant to mould growth
- Glixtone Fungi-Shield is used and endorsed by many Local Authorities, Councils and Housing Associations as the product that ACTUALLY WORKS
- Fungi-Shield is also a highly decorative interior paint which is WASHABLE for any areas that are susceptible to mould, fungus and algae, including: Kitchens, Bathrooms, Stairwells, Living rooms and Bedrooms
- The Fungi-Shield range of environmentally friendly products is available in both matt and silk finishes, to suit both domestic dwellings and commercial properties
- Approved by the NLA National Landlords Association
- Apply 2 coats by brush, roller or spray
- For absorbent surfaces, first coat may be thinned with water up to 10% max
|Finish:||Silk or Matt|
|Tintable:||Pastel Colours. Please note, bespoke tints are non refundable / exchangeable|
|VOC Content:||19.0g per Litre for Matt, 28.0g per Litre for Silk|
|Suitable Substrates:||For internal use on any above ground surface to eliminate mould, algae and fungus.|
|Application Method:||Brush, Roller or Airless Spray|
|Theoretical Coverage:||11 - 13 m2 per litre|
|Wet Film Thickness (WFT):||65 microns|
|Dry Film Thickness (DFT):||30 microns|
|Overcoatable:||After 4 hours at 20°C|
|Fully Cured:||4 hours at 20°C|
|Cleaner / Thinner:||Clean all equipment thoroughly with water immediately after use. For absorbent surfaces, first coat may be thinned with water up to 10% max.|
|Shelf Life:||1 year in original, unopened container|
|Packaging:||Available in 2.5 and 5 Litres|
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.