Mapei Mapecoat ACT 196 is a durable, highly washable, semi gloss enamel paint for the decoration of interior walls and ceilings in healthcare facilities.
Mapei Mapecoat ACT 196 is suitable for the painting of new, old and already painted internal surfaces that require a high level of hygiene and cleanliness. Mapecoat ACT 196 is ideal for protecting and decorating walls and ceilings in areas used for medical purposes such as hospitals, doctors’ surgeries, outpatient departments, diagnostic centres and rehabilitation units.
Suitable substrates include the painting of cementitious, lime and gypsum-based substrates in areas with a high rate of visitors and potentially high exposure to microbes such as nursing homes, schools, wellness areas, gymnasiums, changing rooms and communal swimming pools. Painting of internal walls and new, well-cured or old cementitious, lime and gypsum-based plaster and skimming mortars, as long as they are sound, well bonded
and have no crumbling areas.
Other ideal circumstances for application include the painting of internal areas in clinics, medical centres, nursing homes, and outpatients departments that need to be cleaned with disinfectants. Also suitable for the painting of internal areas in schools, sport complexes and recreational facilities subjected to high wear and contamination from bacteria. Suitable for painting of internal areas in various types of structures, in order to guarantee rapid and long lasting hygienic protection.
When applied on internal surfaces, Mapecoat ACT 196 bonds perfectly to all types of masonry, render, smoothing and levelling compounds and old paintwork, as long as they are well bonded and not crumbling.
Surfaces to be painted must be well cured, perfectly clean, sound and dry. Remove all traces of oil and grease from the surface and any parts which are not well bonded. Seal all cracks and repair any damaged or deteriorated areas. Seal surface pores and level off uneven areas of the substrate with mortars from the MAPEI Building line. Apply a coat of Malech transparent bonding promoter diluted with water. The amount of water required depends on the type of substrate (cementitious, lime or gypsum based, etc.) and its level of absorbency. As a general guide, it is recommended to dilute Malech 1/1 with water for more absorbent substrates and 1/2 for less absorbent substrates.
For bright colours that normally have poor covering properties (such as bright red, yellow or green) use Dursilite Base Coat coloured undercoat in the same colour,
diluted with up to 5% of water. Wait until Malech or Dursilite Base Coat are completely dry (6-12 hours) before applying Mapecoat ACT 196.
Dilute Mapecoat ACT 196 with 0-10% water, depending on the application method used and the condition of the substrate. When diluting the paint make sure it is
thoroughly blended. Use a drill at low speed for mixing if necessary. When preparing only partial quantities, it is recommended to mix Mapecoat ACT 196 undiluted in its original container before pouring off the quantity required.
Apply Mapecoat ACT 196 with a short-pile roller, by brush or by spray on the dry coat of Malech or Dursilite Base Coat. The complete cycle requires the application of
at least two coats of Mapecoat ACT 196; wait 6-12 hours between each coat at normal temperature and humidity conditions, and in all cases wait until the previous coat is completely dry.
- Mapecoat ACT 196 resists attack from the main strains of bacteria such as Staphylococcus aureus, Escherichia coli, MRSA and Pseudomonas aeruginosa and its effectiveness has been demonstrated through testing carried out according to ISO 22196 standards. The rapid action of its active ingredients immediately blocks growth of bacteria and impedes their spread.
- Appearance: Smooth Satin
- Do not apply on damp substrates or on substrates that are not well cured
- Do not apply directly on absorbent substrates; prime the surface with Malech or Dursilite Base Coat beforehand
- Mapecoat ACT 196 also contains BioBlock® technology which has a hygienising effect against mould and fungi, making it particularly suitable for protecting areas difficult to reach during normal cleaning operations, such as ceilings.
- Clean tools with water before the paint dries on the tools
- Theoretical Coverage: 0.2-0.3 kg/m² (for two coats of product)
- Available in White and tints available on our Mapei in house tinting facility
- Available in 4 and 16 Kg