Mapei Malech is an acrylic resin undercoat in water dispersion to even out the absorption of substrates before applying other products.
Mapei Malech is used as a primer for wall surfaces in general (e.g. concrete or repairs with cement mortars) before applying a coloured finishing coat of Elastocolor range product and Quarzolite range product, as a regulator of the substrate absorption and as an adhesion catalyst.
Mapei Malech can also be used in the Aquaflex System cycle for permanent encapsulation of asbestos as a primer for covering layers of Aquaflex.
- As a primer on well cured new or old renders as long as they are not damaged, before applying a coloured finishing coat of Elastocolor or Quarzolite range product.
- As a primer over old paint, even if slightly chalky, before applying Elastocolor, Quarzolite or Colorite coloured finishing coat.
- As a primer on surfaces that need to be treated in enclosed or poorly ventilated environments because Malech is odourless, before applying Elastocolor or Elastocolor Rasante.
Mapei Malech is a micronized acrylic resin based primer in water dispersion that, once applied on the surface, penetrates better than traditional water based primers. Malech is odourless and solvent free, therefore can be applied in enclose or poorly ventilated environments. Because of Malech's formulation, it ensures the consolidation of chalk present on surfaces that need to be treated.
- Malech has the consistency a fluid liquid
- Available as a transparent fluid
- Density (EN ISO 2811-1) (g/cm3): approx. 1.01
- Dry solids content (EN ISO 3251) (%): approx. 15
- Mapei Malech is ready for use but can be diluted 30-50% of water for surfaces with low absorbency
- Waiting time before applying other products 24 hours
- Application temperature range is from +5 degrees C. to +35 degrees C.
- Use water to clean
- Storage 24 months in un opened container
- Application by either brush, roller or spray
- Consumption for Mapei Malech is between 0,10-0,15 kg/m2.
- Packaging: 10 kg
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.