Mapei Dursilite Base Coat is a coloured smooth acrylic base coat with a smooth finish and adhesion promoting properties.
For bright colours that normally have poor covering properties such as bright red, yellow or green this product is perfect to get a quality bright coloured finish.
Mapei Dursilite Base Coat is designed for use when you are using the Mapei Dursilite system - a washable water-based paint with low dirt pick-up for internal walls. Base coat with an even, smooth finish and good covering properties for all types of internal and external substrates.
Ideal Applications Include:
- Coloured base coat with a smooth finish and good covering properties for new, cured cementitious substrates and new lime or gypsum-based surfaces prior to applying a finishing product from the Dursilite or Colorite ranges.
- Coloured base coat with a smooth finish and goodcovering properties, for old cementitious substratesand old lime or gypsum-based skim coats in reasonable condition or which are not crumbling that have never been painted, prior to applying a finishing product from the Dursilite or Colorite ranges
- Base coat with a smooth finish and good covering properties, for old paintwork that is well attached to the substrate, prior to applying a finish product from the Dursilite or Colorite ranges.
- Base coat with a smooth finish and good covering properties for plasterboard prior to applying a finishing product from the Dursilite or Colorite ranges
- Matching base coat with very good covering properties to help apply top coats in bright or subtle colours that do not normally offer good cover on internal and external surfaces
New surfaces to be treated and areas patched up with repair mortar must be wellcured, perfectly clean, sound and dry. Remove all traces of oil and grease and any
loose material from the surface. Seal all cracks and repair any deteriorated areas. Seal any surface porosity and smooth over uneven areas in the substrate with a
cementitious, lime or gypsum-based smoothing compound from the Planitop range. Preparation of the product Dursilite Base Coat may be used as is or diluted with up to 5% of clean water, but make sure it is thoroughly blended; use a drill at low speed if necessary. When preparing only partial quantities, we recommend mixing Dursilite Base Coat as is in its original container before pouring off the quantity required. Mix Dursilite Base Coat before use and apply it using traditional tools, such as a brush, roller or by spray.
If applied on external surfaces, protect it from rain for at least 12 hours. Dursilite Base Coat may be painted over after 24 hours. If the substrate is particularly dirty or its colour is completely different from the final colour required, consider painting it with two coats of Dursilite Base Coat.
- Coloured white as standard but available in various colours.
- Supplied ready to use or can be diluted with 5% water.
- Can be stored for 24 months.
- Dursilite Base Coat should be applied 12-24 hours after this base coat is applied.
- Available in 5 tubs.