Mapei Dursilite Base Coat is a coloured smooth acrylic base coat with a smooth finish and adhesion promoting properties.
For bright colours that normally have poor covering properties such as bright red, yellow or green this product is perfect to get a quality bright coloured finish.
Mapei Dursilite Base Coat is designed for use when you are using the Mapei Dursilite system - a washable water-based paint with low dirt pick-up for internal walls. Base coat with an even, smooth finish and good covering properties for all types of internal and external substrates.
Ideal Applications Include:
- Coloured base coat with a smooth finish and good covering properties for new, cured cementitious substrates and new lime or gypsum-based surfaces prior to applying a finishing product from the Dursilite or Colorite ranges.
- Coloured base coat with a smooth finish and good covering properties, for old cementitious substrates and old lime or gypsum-based skim coats in reasonable condition or which are not crumbling that have never been painted, prior to applying a finishing product from the Dursilite or Colorite ranges
- Base coat with a smooth finish and good covering properties, for old paintwork that is well attached to the substrate, prior to applying a finish product from the Dursilite or Colorite ranges.
- Base coat with a smooth finish and good covering properties for plasterboard prior to applying a finishing product from the Dursilite or Colorite ranges
- Matching base coat with very good covering properties to help apply top coats in bright or subtle colours that do not normally offer good cover on internal and external surfaces
New surfaces to be treated and areas patched up with repair mortar must be well cured, perfectly clean, sound and dry. Remove all traces of oil and grease and any loose material from the surface. Seal all cracks and repair any deteriorated areas. Seal any surface porosity and smooth over uneven areas in the substrate with a
cementitious, lime or gypsum-based smoothing compound from the Planitop range. Preparation of the product Dursilite Base Coat may be used as is or diluted with up to 5% of clean water, but make sure it is thoroughly blended; use a drill at low speed if necessary. When preparing only partial quantities, we recommend mixing Dursilite Base Coat as is in its original container before pouring off the quantity required. Mix Dursilite Base Coat before use and apply it using traditional tools, such as a brush, roller or by spray.
Please note, add 2 - 2.5 litres of fresh, clean water per 20kg tub. Then thoroughly mix with an electric mix before use.
If applied on external surfaces, protect it from rain for at least 12 hours. Dursilite Base Coat may be painted over after 24 hours. If the substrate is particularly dirty or its colour is completely different from the final colour required, consider painting it with two coats of Dursilite Base Coat.
|Tintable:||Yes, to most RAL or British Standard codes. Please note, bespoke tints are non refundable / exchangeable|
|VOC Content:||< 10 g/L|
|Suitable Substrates:||For all types of internal and external substrates|
|Application Method:||Brush, Roller or Spray|
|Theoretical Coverage:||Consumption is heavily influenced by the absorption and the roughness of the substrate and by imperfections on the surface, and
according to the application technique used. Under normal conditions, consumption is generally 0.2 - 0.4 Kg per m2 per coat.
|Wet Film Thickness (WFT):|
|Dry Film Thickness (DFT):|
|Dilution Ratio:||Ready to use or 5% of water|
|Overcoatable:||At least 24 hours at 20°C under normal humidity and temperature conditions, and in all cases only when the previous layer is completely dry|
|Cleaner / Thinner:||Water|
|Shelf Life:||24 months if stored in a dry place away from sources of heat at a temperature of +5°C to +30°C. Protect from frost.|
|Packaging:||Available in 5 Kg|
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.