Owatrol Tropitech All in One is ideal for extreme environments, withstands severe traffic on hardwood, softwoods, pressure-treated timber and decking.
Owatrol Tropitech All in One is a premium quality 100 % semi-transparent acrylic finish, which effectively seals wood, resisting moisture penetration, rot and decay. It contains an effective fungicide that resists mildew and a powerful UV screener that filters out the sun's harmful ultraviolet rays, thereby retarding the aging (silvering) process of wood.
Owatrol Tropitech bonds "in" and "on" the wood to provide a tough, durable, lustrous finish that both protects and enhances the appearance, beauty and character of the wood. The Tropitech system enables preparation and finish to be completed the same day. Swimming Pool and Hot Tub surrounds, Decks, Docks, Cladding and Shingles are among the best wooden structures in which to use Tropitech All in One on.
Owatrol Tropitech can be applied using brush or spray for a touch dry time of 1-2 hours under normal, dry conditions of approximately 20 degrees celsius. Please see the recommendations for use before using this product and ensure you follow strict guidelines on the data sheet.
Prior to applying the 1st application of Tropitech ‘All in one’ wood finish ensure the surface to be coated is cool to the touch. If surface is hot, cool it with water and apply the 1st coat of Tropitech to the cooled wet surface. Remove any puddles of water just before applying. You should still apply additional coats to a dry surface – DO NOT re-wet the surface after the 1st application.
Stir the Tropitech thoroughly before and periodically during application. Apply a 1st liberal application and allow it to become touch dry. Apply a second coat as soon as the first coat is dry. After the second coat is dry inspect the finish. If the finish has a uniform sheen and lustre, the proper amount of material was applied. If the finish looks blotchy or lacks uniformity apply a third in the same manner as the 2nd. For heavy traffic areas i.e. walkways, decks, docks… or for better resistance, a third coat should always be applied.
Surface and Environment
Owatrol Tropitech has been designed for use on all hardwoods, softwoods and pressure treated timber, and is ideal for use in extreme environments, externally and internally, being able to withstand conditions of high humidity and moisture. Tropitech can be applied to horizontal and vertical wood substrates.
- Ideal for extreme environments
- Withstands severe traffic
- Suitable for hardwoods, softwoods, pressure-treated timber.
Where to use
- Horizontal and vertical surfaces
- Hardwoods, softwoods, pressure-treated timber or thermo-heated
- Decks - docks - cladding - shingles and other exterior wood structures.
Recommendations before use
- Surfaces to be coated must be free of all dirt, grease, grime and previous coatings
- New wood : the ideal time to finish new wood is 1 to 3 months after installation
- All new wood surfaces should be treated with PREPDECK and used in accordance with the PREPDECK label instructions
- Follow with pressure washer (max 50 bars) using fresh water. Note: If the wood darkens from the PREPDECK treatment (reaction to tanins), lighten with a chlorine bleach/water solution (1 part bleach to 3 parts water). Do not use any acid solution
- Weathered wood surfaces (greyed or blackened) :
- Treat with PREPDECK diluted up to a maximum of 1 part PREPDECK to 20 parts chlorine bleach/water solution (1 part bleach: 3 parts water), scrub in to surface and leave in accordance with PREPDECK label instructions.
- Follow with pressure washer (max 50 bars) using fresh water
- Previously coated wood surfaces : TROPITECH "All in One" can only be applied to bare wood surfaces
- Remove all previous paint, stain, varnish or oil, thoroughly with PREPDECK per label instructions before proceeding
- Some wood may darken from the PREPDECK treatment (reaction to tanins). If this occurs, lighten with a chlorine bleach/water solution (1 part bleach to 3 parts water). Do not use any acid solution
- Let it stand for 15 minutes
- Follow with pressure washer (max 50 bars) using fresh water.