Owatrol Tropitech All in One is ideal for extreme environments, withstands severe traffic on hardwood, softwoods, pressure-treated timber and decking.
Owatrol Tropitech All in One is a premium quality 100 % semi-transparent acrylic finish, which effectively seals wood, resisting moisture penetration, rot and decay. It contains an effective fungicide that resists mildew and a powerful UV screener that filters out the sun's harmful ultraviolet rays, thereby retarding the aging (silvering) process of wood.
Owatrol Tropitech bonds "in" and "on" the wood to provide a tough, durable, lustrous finish that both protects and enhances the appearance, beauty and character of the wood. The Tropitech system enables preparation and finish to be completed the same day. Swimming Pool and Hot Tub surrounds, Decks, Docks, Cladding and Shingles are among the best wooden structures in which to use Tropitech All in One on.
- High UV resistance
- Quick drying
- Withstands severe traffic
- Ideal for extreme environments
- Apply to wet or dry wood surfaces
Surfaces must be thoroughly clean, dry and free of dirt, grease, grime, mildew and previous coatings. Owatrol Tropitech may only be applied to bare wood surfaces or a wood surface previously finished with Owatrol Tropitech. ALL other finishes must be completely and thoroughly removed. If necessary sand surface after cleaning and/or stripping (80 grit paper).
New wood surfaces
New wood surfaces have a hard shiny surface called mill glaze that prevents maximum penetration and bonding of any finish and this should be removed before starting application. Make up a solution of 1 part bleach to 3 parts water to this add Owatrol Prepdeck in the ratio of 1 part Owatrol Prepdeck to 4 parts bleach/water
solution except for Ipe; for Ipe add 1 part Owatrol Prepdeck to 1 part bleach/water solution. Apply Owatrol Prepdeck / bleach / water solution to the surface and leave to work for 20 minutes - If surface starts to dry, rewet with the Owatrol Prepdeck / bleach / water solution. Scrub surface with stiff nylon brush, deck brush or use a powerwasher (500-1000 psi). Rinse wood thoroughly with copious amounts of fresh clean water.
Weathered wood surfaces (untreated)
Wood that has weathered longer than 6 months requires thorough cleaning. Make up a bleach/water solution in the ratio of 1 part bleach to 3 parts water. Dilute Owatrol Prepdeck from a minimum of 1 part Owatrol Prepdeck to 5 parts bleach / water solution, up to a maximum of 1 part Owatrol Prepdeck to 20 parts bleach / water solution; depending on condition of surface to be cleaned.
Apply Owatrol Prepdeck / bleach / water solution to the surface and leave to work for 20 minutes - If surface starts to dry, rewet with the Owatrol Prepdeck / bleach / water solution. Scrub surface with stiff nylon brush, deck brush or use a powerwasher (500-1000 psi). Rinse wood thoroughly with copious amounts of fresh clean water.
Previously oiled surfaces
All other oils or sealers must be completely and thoroughly removed with Owatrol Prepdeck and the stripped surface neutralised with Owatrol Net-Trol. Once previous finish has been totally removed, prepare as for “New wood surfaces”.
Previously coated surfaces (paint, stain, varnish…)
All previous coatings must be completely and thoroughly removed with Owatrol Dilunett, Owatrol Prepdeck or Owatrol CDKP 90 before applying Owatrol Tropitech.
Solvent (oil or alkyd based finishes): Strip with Owatrol Dilunett (1), neutralise with Owatrol Net-Trol.
Acrylic finishes - Water-based: Strip with Owatrol Prepdeck (1), neutralise with Owatrol Net-Trol.
Other finishes i.e. 2 pack epoxies, urethanes,...: Strip withOwatrol CDKP 90.
Once previous finish has been totally removed, prepare as for “New wood surfaces”.
Prior to applying the 1st application of Owatrol Tropitech ensure surface to be coated is cool to the touch. If surface is hot, cool with water and apply 1st coat of Owatrol Tropitech to the cooled wet surface. Remove any puddles of water just before applying Owatrol Tropitech. Apply additional coats to a dry surface - DO NOT re-wet surface after 1st application.
Stir Owatrol Tropitech thoroughly before and periodically during application. Apply a 1st liberal application of Owatrol Tropitech. Allow first coat to dry. Apply second coat as soon as first coat is dry. After second coat is dry inspect the finish. If finish has a uniform sheen and lustre, the proper amount of material was applied. If the
finish looks blotchy or lacks uniformity apply a third coat of Owatrol Tropitech. For heavy traffic areas i.e. walkways, decks, docks... or for better resistance, a third coat should be applied.
Note: In order to attain optimal adhesion of Owatrol Tropitech in cold areas i.e. UK, Northern Europe, North America, it is recommended to add 25 % of Owatrol E-B by volume, to the 1st coat of Owatrol Tropitech.
Surface and Environment
Owatrol Tropitech has been designed for use on all hardwoods, softwoods and pressure treated timber, and is ideal for use in extreme environments, externally and internally, being able to withstand conditions of high humidity and moisture. Tropitech can be applied to horizontal and vertical wood substrates.
- Ideal for extreme environments
- Withstands severe traffic
- Suitable for hardwoods, softwoods, pressure-treated timber.
Where to use
- Horizontal and vertical surfaces
- Hardwoods, softwoods, pressure-treated timber or thermo-heated
- Decks - docks - cladding - shingles and other exterior wood structures.
Recommendations before use
- Surfaces to be coated must be free of all dirt, grease, grime and previous coatings
- New wood : the ideal time to finish new wood is 1 to 3 months after installation
- All new wood surfaces should be treated with PREPDECK and used in accordance with the PREPDECK label instructions
- Follow with pressure washer (max 50 bars) using fresh water. Note: If the wood darkens from the PREPDECK treatment (reaction to tanins), lighten with a chlorine bleach/water solution (1 part bleach to 3 parts water). Do not use any acid solution
- Weathered wood surfaces (greyed or blackened) :
- Treat with PREPDECK diluted up to a maximum of 1 part PREPDECK to 20 parts chlorine bleach/water solution (1 part bleach: 3 parts water), scrub in to surface and leave in accordance with PREPDECK label instructions.
- Follow with pressure washer (max 50 bars) using fresh water
- Previously coated wood surfaces : TROPITECH "All in One" can only be applied to bare wood surfaces
- Remove all previous paint, stain, varnish or oil, thoroughly with PREPDECK per label instructions before proceeding
- Some wood may darken from the PREPDECK treatment (reaction to tanins). If this occurs, lighten with a chlorine bleach/water solution (1 part bleach to 3 parts water). Do not use any acid solution
- Let it stand for 15 minutes
- Follow with pressure washer (max 50 bars) using fresh water.
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.