Owatrol E-B Generally uses 20% less material when added to water based paint or stain than when applied without Owatrol E-B.
Owatrol E-B is a high penetrating, stir-in paint additive for use in water-based masonry or interior paints, to help alleviate peeling problems on sound but chalky, powdery or porous surfaces. Owatrol EB can also be used to eliminate the need for a mist coat on new plaster. Owatrol E-B provides a bonding primer, stirs in easily, and does not alter the original colour. It offers a time-saving benefit by eliminating the need to separately prime.
Owatrol E-B acts as a stabilizing product that penetrates deeply into the surface forming a strong bond to the first coating that is applied to the surface, eliminating the need for a primer. Owatrol E-B works well at providing users with an even coverage and is best used to provide the maximum level of adhesion between the first and second coats of paint.
Owatrol E-B can be used as a primer or mixed in to the paint product itself and is easy to apply using brush, or roller. When mixed with paint it will not alter the original colour and will be recoatable after 4 hours.
Mix 1 part Owatrol® E-B to 4 parts paint. Stir paint and Owatrol® E-B mixture thoroughly. If paint thickens add enough water to returnpaint to its original consistency.
Apply paint as usual, apply any additional coats without Owatrol® E-B. Apply additional coats when the Owatrol® E-B/paint mixture is dry. Do not apply more paint while the Owatrol® E-B/paint mix film feels soft or tacky.
Surface and Environment
Owatrol E-B can be used on a variety of different surfaces including chalky, powdery of porous surfaces as well as plywood, hardboard and cementitious cladding, Owatrol E-B can also be added to water based paint to eliminate the need for a mist coat on new plaster. Owatrol E-B is ideally used on masonry surfaces internally or externally in light industrial exposures.
- E-B acts as a stabiliser, penetrating deep into the surface to firmly bond the first coat of paint to the substrate, thus eliminating need for primer
- Ensures an even coverage and maximum adhesion between the first and second coat of paint
- E-B s high solids content maintains the inherent characteristics of the paint, improves hiding power and increases coverage by up to 20%
- No peeling
- Odour free.
- Use only in the first coat of paint
- Mix 1 part Owatrol E-B to 4 parts paint
- Coverage will vary with the texture and porosity of the surface.
- Generally 20% less material is used than if the paint or stain had been applied without Owatrol E-B.