Due to the closure of 3M Northallerton, this product is now discontinued. Please contact our technical team for a suitable alternative.
3M Scotchkote 206N Fluid Bed Grade Fusion Bonded Epoxy Coating is a one component, heat curable, thermosetting epoxy coating designed for providing corrosion protection to metal substrates.
Please allow 4-8 weeks for delivery from the USA.
Scotchkote 206N Fluid Bed Grade Fusion Bonded Epoxy Coating uses innovative heat curing technology that forms a continuous, insulative barrier for pipes, fittings, valves, couplers, pumps and other equipment that is resistant to corrosive soils, hydrocarbons, harsh chemicals and sea water.
Scotchkote 206N Fluid Bed Grade Fusion Bonded Epoxy Coating works best when applied to steel surfaces that have been previously heated and melts to form a highly protective powdered coating. highly suitable for large fluidized bed application to awkwardly shaped materials.
Surface and Environment
Scotchkote 206N Fluid Bed Grade Fusion Bonded Epoxy Coating is particularly suited for application to metallic substrates and is ideal for providing pipes, fittings, valves, couplers and pumps with a high level of protection from corrosive substances, harsh chemicals as well as sea water. Scotchkote 206N has been tested and certified to ANSI/NSF Standard 61, Drinking Water System.
- The epoxy is applied to preheated steel as a dry powder which melts and cures to form a continuous, insulative corrosion barrier.
- Product code CE100740386, boxed in 65lbs weight quantities, in powder form (just under 30kg per box).
- This bonding process provides excellent adhesion and coverage on pipe, fittings, valves, couplers,
- pumps and other equipment.
- Scotchkote 206N coating is resistant to corrosive soils, hydrocarbons, harsh chemicals and sea water.
- No primer required.
- Particularly suitable for large fluidized bed application on complex shapes.
- Gel and flow characteristics balanced to give no-sag application on large parts.
- Scotchkote 206N has been tested and certified to ANSI/NSF Standard 61, Drinking Water System
- Repair all defects using 3M Scotchkote 312 Liquid Epoxy Coating.
- Please allow 4-8 weeks for delivery from the USA.
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.