Please note, this product is now discontinued. Please see PPG SigmaCover 2, PPG Sigma AquaCover 200 or PPG Sigma AquaCover 400.
As a replacement for Rail Approval, please see PPG's Nexa Autocolor range of products. Contact us for further information.
3M Scotchkote EA9WB Epoxy Coating for ferrous and non-ferrous metals, formulated to offer long term protection against corrosion and chemical damage
Scotchkote EA9WB Epoxy Coating, Formerly Copon Hycote EA9WB is a top of the range product, in a vast selection of coatings brought to you by Scotchkote. EA9WB is highly recommended for use throughout the Rail Industry and can be used in a variety of industrial environments as a finishing coat, available in high-gloss, semi-gloss, low-gloss and matt.
Scotchkote EA9WB Epoxy Coating, has been specifically manufactured and formulated to provide users with the highest quality finish. This premium epoxy coating, is increasingly being used as part of original equipment manufacture, due to its protective and decorative nature, on various forms of passenger transportation, heavy engineering fabrication and civil engineering work, especially in the underground and confined locations.
Scotchkote EA9WB Epoxy Coating is available in a variety of BS or RAL colours, in different grades of gloss or matt, and the recommended application method is airless/conventional spray, however small tricky areas can be touched up using a brush or roller. This innovative product can be used as a primer or a finished offering a touch dry time of just 1 hour at 20 degrees celsius.
Surface and Environment
Scotchkote EA9WB Epoxy Coating is highly suited for application to ferrous and non-ferrous metals and has been designed to offer long term protection against corrosion and chemical damage, making it highly suited for internal or external use. This fantastic product is ideal for anyone working in the rail industry, in charge of maintenance and repair work, having been extensively tested to meet various International Standards for fire hazard performance.
- LuL APR Reg No. 148 - Paint system suitable for wide application to give good protection to non-structural metal work including aluminium and galvanised steel. As a water based system, it is suitable for use in situations of limited air movement and in confined areas e.g. escalator machine rooms. Complies with LU Standard 1-085 'Fire Safety Performance of Materials' for stations only, not tunnels.
- Scotchkote EA9WB formerly Copon Hycote EA9WB
- Extensively tested for limited fire hazard performance to various International Standards, test data available on request
- Widely used throughout the Rail Industry and increasingly in Original Equipment Manufacture involving other forms of passenger transportation, heavy engineering fabrication and civil engineering work especially for underground and confined locations
- Colours available: Finish to selected RAL Colours, in high gloss, semi gloss, low gloss or matt. Please call to order
- Theoretical Coverage Rate 7.5 sq metres per litre at 60 microns dft.
- Available in 5 Litres
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.