PPG SigmaDur 520 Semi Gloss Amercoat 450SG is a two component product based on aliphatic acrylic polyurethane resins that creates a decorative finish resistant to splash of mineral and vegetable oils, paraffins, aliphatic petroleum products and mild chemicals.
Used on street furniture such as lighting columns and other furniture such as railings, traffic lights and seating. Highways Agency Item No.169.
PPG SigmaDur 520 Semi Gloss is a durable product that can be used in temperatures down to -5°C and has excellent non yellowing properties, making it suitable for external exposure where sunlight damage can be a concern. Not only does SigmaDur 520 resist UV light damage but is highly weather resistant making it ideal for use in areas with harsh atmospheric conditions.
PPG SigmaDur 520 Semi Gloss can be applied using brush, roller or airless spray to produce a highly decorative, semi-gloss finish in a variety of different colours. SigmaDur 520 is quick drying and can be touched by hand after just 1 hour ready for a recoat and can be recoated as many times as you want, unlimitedly.
Surface and Environment
PPG SigmaDur 520 Semi Gloss can be applied to any number of surfaces in environments exposed to strong natural elements like rain and wind. SigmaDur 520 can be applied to wood, metal, plastics, concrete and other substrates that require a high protection finish with a result that looks appealing to the eye.
- Highways Agency Item No.169
- LuL APR No. 1151 - XM92/M24 Coating System for Maintenance Steel for application to bridges and structures to provide a minimum expected service life of 25 years when spot blast cleaned to Sa 2½ or 15 years when power tool cleaned to St 3. This paint system consists of an epoxy primer (SigmaCover 690), an epoxy buildcoat (SigmaCover 456 HS) and a finish coat which may be either a polyurethane gloss (SigmaDur 550), a polyurethane semi-gloss (SigmaDur 520) or an epoxy acrylic gloss (SigmaDur 540).
- LuL APR No. 1150 - N13 Coating System for Steelwork for Interior Environments to provide a minimum expected service life of 25 years. This paint system consists of a zinc phosphate primer, Sigma EP 111, an epoxy MIO finish coat, Sigma EP 112, and a topcoat which may be either a polyurethane gloss (SigmaDur 550), a polyurethane semi-gloss, (SigmaDur 520) or an epoxy acrylic gloss (SigmaDur 540).
- ISO 12944-6 Systems For Steel - C4 High at 60 microns DFT
- ISO 12944-6 Systems For Steel - C4 High at 50 microns DFT
- ISO 12944-6 Systems For Steel - C5-M High at 50 microns DFT
- Network Rail System N1 at 50 microns DFT
- Network Rail System N2 (XN90) at 50 microns DFT
- Network Rail System N4 (XN90) at 50 microns DFT
- Network Rail System N9 at 50 microns DFT
- Network Rail System N13 at 50 microns DFT
- Network Rail System M20 (XM92) at 50 microns DFT
- Network Rail System M21 (XM92) at 50 microns DFT
- Network Rail System M24 (XM92) at 50 microns DFT
- Network Rail System M34 (XM92) at 50 microns DFT
|Stock Colours:||See Colour Card|
|Tintable:||Yes, upon request. Please note, bespoke tints are non refundable / exchangeable|
|VOC Content:||405.0g per Litre|
|Application Method:||Brush, Roller, Air Atomised Spray or Airless Spray|
|Theoretical Coverage:||11.6 m2 per litre at 50 microns|
|Wet Film Thickness (WFT):|
|Dry Film Thickness (DFT):||50 - 75 microns|
|Pot Life:||5 hours at 20°C|
|Touch Dry:||1 hours at 20°C|
|Overcoatable:||After 6 hours at 20°C|
|Fully Cured:||4 days at 20°C|
|Cleaner / Thinner:||PPG Thinner 21-06|
|Shelf Life:||Base: At least 36 months, Hardener: at least 24 months when stored cool and dry|
|Packaging:||Available in 4 and 20 Litres|
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.