PPG SigmaDur 520 Semi Gloss Amercoat 450SG is a two component product based on aliphatic acrylic polyurethane resins that creates a decorative finish resistant to splash of mineral and vegetable oils, paraffins, aliphatic petroleum products and mild chemicals.
Used on street furniture such as lighting columns and other furniture such as railings, traffic lights and seating. Highways Agency Item No.169.
PPG SigmaDur 520 Semi Gloss is a durable product that can be used in temperatures down to -5 degrees Celsius and has excellent non yellowing properties, making it suitable for external exposure where sunlight damage can be a concern. Not only does SigmaDur 520 resist UV light damage but is highly weather resistant making it ideal for use in areas with harsh atmospheric conditions.
PPG SigmaDur 520 Semi Gloss can be applied using brush, roller or airless spray to produce a highly decorative, semi-gloss finish in a variety of different colours. SigmaDur 520 is quick drying and can be touched by hand after just 1 hour ready for a recoat and can be recoated as many times as you want, unlimitedly.
Surface and Environment
PPG SigmaDur 520 Semi Gloss can be applied to any number of surfaces in environments exposed to strong natural elements like rain and wind. SigmaDur 520 can be applied to wood, metal, plastics, concrete and other substrates that require a high protection finish with a result that looks appealing to the eye.
This product is the topcoat for the following systems:
- Highways Agency Item No.169
- LuL APR No. 1151 - XM92/M24 Coating System for Maintenance Steel for application to bridges and structures to provide a minimum expected service life of 25 years when spot blast cleaned to Sa 2½ or 15 years when power tool cleaned to St 3
- LuL APR No. 1150 - N13 Coating System for Steelwork for Interior Environments to provide a minimum expected service life of 25 years.
- ISO 12944-6 Systems For Steel - C4 High at 60 microns DFT
- ISO 12944-6 Systems For Steel - C4 High at 50 microns DFT
- ISO 12944-6 Systems For Steel - C5-M High at 50 microns DFT
- Network Rail System N1 at 50 microns DFT
- Network Rail System N2 (XN90) at 50 microns DFT
- Network Rail System N4 (XN90) at 50 microns DFT
- Network Rail System N9 at 50 microns DFT
- Network Rail System N13 at 50 microns DFT
- Network Rail System M20 (XM92) at 50 microns DFT
- Network Rail System M21 (XM92) at 50 microns DFT
- Network Rail System M24 (XM92) at 50 microns DFT
- Network Rail System M34 (XM92) at 50 microns DFT
- Finish: Semi Gloss
- Theoretical Coverage: 11.6m2 per litre for 50 microns in White, 9.6m2 per litre for 50 microns in Aluminium
- Dry to Touch: 1 hour at 20C
- Overcoatable: Minimum of 6 hours, Maximum unlimited
- Full Cure: 4 days
- Pot Life: 5 hours at 20°C
- Shelf Life: Base at least 36 months, Hardener at least 24 months when stored cool and dry
- Recommended Thinner: PPG Thinner 21-06
- Available in 4 and 20 Litres