PPG SigmaCover 2 is a two-pack high solids epoxy for steel and concrete that can be applied in low temperatures London Underground, approved, LUL cert 1329.
PPG SigmaCover 2 (formerly Amerlock 2C) is a two pack Epoxy Paint that offers a fast drying solution and can be applied in low temperatures, down to freezing point. PPG SigmaCover 2 is similarly to SigmaCover 400, in that it can be used to offer excellent adhesion properties to existing coatings.
PPG SigmaCover 2 has been specially manufactured as a professional coating for use on bridges, tank exteriors, containers, oil tanks and bunds. PPG SigmaCover 2 is commonly used for London Underground projects. PPG SigmaCover 2 is ideal for chemical and fuel bunds and can be applied at temperatures down to zero degrees celsius.
PPG SigmaCover 2, 2 pack epoxy paint, is easy to apply using a spray, brush or roller and produces a quality, self-priming, semi-gloss finish. PPG SigmaCover 2 has a theoretical coverage rate of 8.8 square metres per litre, is available in a variety of RAL and BS colours and has an approximate drying time of 6 hours (touch dry at 10 degrees Celsius). Steel surfaces should be mechanically cleaned and concrete and cement bonded substates must be hard, dry and free from laitance and contamination.
Surface and Environment
PPG SigmaCover 2 is recommended for use in commercial, construction and industrial environments where chemical spillages, splashes and fumes from acids, alkalis, solvents and water can cause damage to surfaces. PPG SigmaCover 2 protects the surfaces of concrete and steel substrates against this attack.
- PPG SigmaCover 2 (formerly Amerlock 2C)
- Section 12 London Underground Approved LUL cert 1329
- Provides corrosion protection in industrial and marine environments
- Compatible with prepared, damp surfaces
- Resists acids, alkalis, solvents, fresh and salt water splashes, spillages and fumes
- Can be overcoated with a range of top coats if required
- Available in 2 price groups dependent on colour
- SigmaCover 2 has a theoretical coverage 8.8 square metres per litre
- Thinner 91-92