PPG SigmaCover 2 is a two-pack high solids epoxy for steel and concrete that can be applied in low temperatures London Underground, approved, LUL cert 1329.
PPG SigmaCover 2 (formerly Amerlock 2C) is a two pack Epoxy Paint that offers a fast drying solution and can be applied in low temperatures, down to freezing point. PPG SigmaCover 2 is similarly to SigmaCover 400, in that it can be used to offer excellent adhesion properties to existing coatings.
PPG SigmaCover 2 has been specially manufactured as a professional coating for use on bridges, tank exteriors, containers, oil tanks and bunds. PPG SigmaCover 2 is commonly used for London Underground projects. PPG SigmaCover 2 is ideal for chemical and fuel bunds and can be applied at temperatures down to 0°Celsius.
PPG SigmaCover 2, 2 pack epoxy paint, is easy to apply using a spray, brush or roller and produces a quality, self-priming, semi-gloss finish. PPG SigmaCover 2 has a theoretical coverage rate of 8.5 square metres per litre. This theoretical coverage is based on a smooth non porous surface. For surfaces such as new unpainted concrete, this figure could be reduced dramatically. We suggest a sample is carried out to determine actually coverage rate. Sigmacover 2 is available in a variety of RAL and BS colours and has an approximate drying time of 6 hours (touch dry at 10° Celsius). Steel surfaces should be mechanically cleaned and concrete and cement bonded substrates must be hard, dry and free from laitance and contamination.
Surface and Environment
PPG SigmaCover 2 is recommended for use in commercial, construction and industrial environments where chemical spillages, splashes and fumes from acids, alkalis, solvents and water can cause damage to surfaces. PPG SigmaCover 2 protects the surfaces of concrete and steel substrates against this attack.
- London Underground Approved LUL Cert 1329
- PPG SigmaCover 2 (formerly Amerlock 2C)
- Section 12 London Underground Approved LUL cert 1329
- Provides corrosion protection in industrial and marine environments
- Compatible with prepared, damp surfaces
- Resists acids, alkalis, solvents, fresh and salt water splashes, spillages and fumes
- Can be over-coated with a range of top coats if required
- SigmaCover 2 has a theoretical coverage 8.5m2 per litre at 100 microns based on a smooth non porous surface such as metal
- Thinner 91-92
- Please refer to manufacturers technical data sheet prior to use or contact our technical department for further information regarding application.
- Available in 4 Litre Containers