Sigmacover 350 is a surface tolerant primer/coating widely used in the Marine and Protective Coatings industry such as the top side of boats and ships.
Sigmacover 350 (Formally SigmaCover 2AL and Amerlock 2AL) has been developed by PPG as a surface tolerant primer or top coat predominately for marine applications requiring good impact and abrasion resistance, as well as other harsh environments that require protective coatings. Sigmacover 350 is a two component epoxy coating that is suitable for use on the topside of ships and boats. This will include the superstructure decks and cargo holds.
Sigmacover 350 can be applied to steel that has been blast cleaned to ISO-Sa21⁄2 for excellent corrosion protection, a blasting profile of 40 -70 microns (1.6 - 2.8 mils) is required. In addition coated steel can be hydrojetted to VIS WJ2/3L and existing sound epoxy systems and most sound alkyd coating system can be coated providing they have been sufficiently roughened.
Sigmacover 350 offers an unlimited overcoating interval providing the surface is free from chalking and other contaminations. In cases of exposure to direct sunlight or when the surface is contaminated it is recommended that the surface be cleaned and roughened to produce a good key this will ensure good adhesion of the subsequent coating.
This product is the primer or topcoat for the following systems:
- Network Rail System M21 (XM92) at 100 microns DFT - Aluminium only
- Network Rail System M24 (XM92) at 100 microns DFT
- ISO 12944-6 Systems For Steel - C4 High at 80 microns DFT
- ISO 12944-6 Systems For Steel - C5-I High at 120 microns DFT
- Formally SigmaCover 2AL and Amerlock 2AL
- Surface tolerant primer/coating for use in Marine and Protective Coatings industry
- For Marine use it is suitable on topsides, decks, superstructures and cargo holds
- Semi-gloss finish
- Good impact and abrasion resistance
- Pot Life: 3 hours at 20 degrees C (68 degrees F)
- Touch dry in 2 hours
- Smooth film, easy to clean
- Compatible with various aged coatings
- Excellent corrosion resistance
- Resistant to splash and spillage of a wide range of chemicals
- Standard and custom colours, including aluminium for Cargo holds gray ( 5177 ) and red brown ( 6179 ) only
- Available in 4 and 20 Litres