PPG SigmaCover 456 two component high build polyamide cured recoatable epoxy coating suitable for steel and concrete substrates. SigmaCover 456 is part of the ISO 12944-6 System For Steel C4 High.
PPG SigmaCover 456 is a two component high build polyamide cured recoatable epoxy coating designed for general purpose protection to steel and concrete structures exposed to atmospheric land or marine conditions.
PPG SigmaCover 456 is best used to provide durability to a variety of different substrates and can be recoated with various two component and conventional coatings even after long weathering periods. As well as providing durability, PPG SigmaCover 456 also offers excellent resistance to water and splash of mild chemicals.
PPG SigmaCover 456 can be applied to most aged, sound alkyd, chlorinated rubber and epoxy coatings using spray, brush or roller, in order to provide excellent adhesion. After 2 hours of drying time, the surface will be touch dry ready for a recoat after a minimum interval of 3 hours. SigmaCover 456 has a theoretical coverage rate of 6-9m2 per litre depending on the surface.
Surface and Environment
PPG SigmaCover 456 is suitable for use in coastal and industrial environments and can be used on structural steel and concrete appliances to produce a black, grey, white or cream finish. SigmaCover 456 is part of the ISO 12944-6 System For Steel C4 High system.
- ISO 12944-6 Systems For Steel - C4 High at 145 microns DFT
- PPG SigmaCover 456 is a two component high build polyamide cured recoatable epoxy coating
- General purpose epoxy build coat or finish in protective coating systems for steel and concrete structures exposed to atmospheric land or marine conditions
- Easy application, both by airless spray and brush
- A high relative humidity max. 95%, during application and curing does not influence the quality of the coating
- Can be recoated with various two component and conventional coatings even after long weathering periods
- Resistant to water and splash of mild chemicals
- Excellent durability
- Tough, with long term flexibility.
- Cures even at temperatures down to -10 degrees C.
- Good adhesion on most aged, sound alkyd, chlorinated rubber and epoxy coatings
- Theoretical spreading rate 6.5 m2 per litre at 100 microns, 8.7 m2 per litre at 75 microns
- Please call for further details.
|Components:||Two Component Kit|
|Stock Colours:||00-A-05, 10-B-15, Black, Red Brown, White|
|Tintable:||Yes. Please note, bespoke tints are non refundable / exchangeable|
|VOC Content:||344.0 g/l|
|Volume Solids:||65 +/- 2%|
|Suitable Substrates:||Steel and Concrete Structures|
|Application Method:||Brush, Roller, Airless Spray or Air Spray|
|Theoretical Coverage:||6.5m2/l for 100 microns|
|Wet Film Thickness (WFT):||-|
|Dry Film Thickness (DFT):||75-100 microns (3.0 - 6.0 mils) depending on system|
|Pot Life:||5 hours at 20°C|
|Touch Dry:||2 hours at 20°C|
|Overcoatable:||After minimum 3 hours at 20°C|
|Fully Cured:||4 days at 20°C|
|Cleaner / Thinner:||Thinner 91-92|
|Shelf Life:||At least 24 months when stored cool and dry|
|Packaging:||Available in 4 Litres and 20 Litres|
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.