PPG SigmaCover 456 HS is a two component high solids polyamide cured recoatable zinc phosphate epoxy primer/coating.
A general purpose epoxy primer/coating for steel and concrete structures in atmospheric exposure. Highways Agency Item No.116.
PPG SigmaCover 456 HS has excellent rust preventing properties that make it ideal for use in industrial and coastal atmospheres where weather can often be adverse. SigmaCover 456 HS offers toughness and long term flexibility meaning it will not crack, flake, blister or peel if the surface moves or bends.
PPG SigmaCover 456 HS can be applied using brush or airless spray and has a theoretical coverage rate of 7.3m2 per litre. 456 HS has a touch dry time of 8 hours and can be recoated after this period has elapsed. This product can be applied in temperatures down to -5°C making it ideal for use in environments with adverse weather conditions.
Surface and Environment
PPG SigmaCover 456 HS has been specifically manufactured for steel and concrete structures in an atmospheric environment.
- LuL APR No. 1151 - XM92/M24 Coating System for Maintenance Steel for application to bridges and structures to provide a minimum expected service life of 25 years when spot blast cleaned to Sa 2½ or 15 years when power tool cleaned to St 3. This paint system consists of an epoxy primer (SigmaCover 690), an epoxy buildcoat (SigmaCover 456 HS) and a finish coat which may be either a polyurethane gloss (SigmaDur 550), a polyurethane semi-gloss (SigmaDur 520) or an epoxy acrylic gloss (SigmaDur 540).
- Highways Agency Item Number 116
- Can be recoated with various two component and conventional coatings even after long weathering periods
- Free from lead and chromate containing pigments
- Excellent rust preventing properties in industrial or coastal atmospheres
- Tough, with long term flexibility
- Good adhesion to steel
- Easy application, both by airless spray and brush
- Cures at temperatures down to -5°C
|Type:||Epoxy Primer / Coating|
|Stock Colours:||Black, RAL7040 Windoe Grey, RAL7043 Traffic Grey B, RAL9010 Pure White, and White|
|Tintable:||Yes. Please note, bespoke tints are non refundable / exchangeable|
|VOC Content:||277.0 g/l|
|Volume Solids:||73 +/- 2%|
|Application Method:||Brush, Roller, Airless Spray or Air Spray|
|Theoretical Coverage:||7.3m2/l for 100 microns|
|Wet Film Thickness (WFT):||-|
|Dry Film Thickness (DFT):||75 - 150 microns (3.0 - 6.0 mils) depending on system|
|Induction Time:||None if above 10°C, or 20 minutes Below 10°C|
|Pot Life:||4 hours at 20°C|
|Touch Dry:||6 hours at 20°C|
|Overcoatable:||Minimum 8 hours|
|Fully Cured:||4 days at 20°C|
|Cleaner / Thinner:||Thinner 91-92|
|Shelf Life:||At least 24 months when stored cool and dry|
|Packaging:||Available in 4 Litres and 20 Litres|
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.