PPG SigmaDur 540 formerly Amercoat 440HS is a two component, high gloss VOC compliant epoxy acrylic paint that can be used to provide a decorative coating to a number of different substrates. Part of the M24 Specification, Highways Agency Item No.167.
PPG SigmaDur 540 is superior to other epoxy coatings in that it offers users a higher level of colour and gloss retention over a longer period of time and will not fade or wear out like other conventional paints.
PPG SigmaDur 540 can be applied simply by brush or roller to produce a highly decorative, durable finish in a variety of different RAL colours. SigmaDur 540 has a long pot life despite being quick drying. After 2 hours your surface will be dry to touch, reaching full cure after 7 days.
Surface and Environment
PPG SigmaDur 540 can be applied over all other epoxy coatings on almost any surface, vertical or horizontal, in interior or exterior environments. SigmaDur 540 is non yellowing so works well to resist the ongoing effects of UV light. SigmaDur 540 is part of the ISO 12944-6 System For Steel C4 High system.
This product is the topcoat for the following systems:
- Highways Agency Item No.167
- LuL APR No. 1151 - XM92/M24 Coating System for Maintenance Steel for application to bridges and structures to provide a minimum expected service life of 25 years when spot blast cleaned to Sa 2½ or 15 years when power tool cleaned to St 3. This paint system consists of an epoxy primer (SigmaCover 690), an epoxy buildcoat (SigmaCover 456 HS) and a finish coat which may be either a polyurethane gloss (SigmaDur 550), a polyurethane semi-gloss (SigmaDur 520) or an epoxy acrylic gloss (SigmaDur 540).
- LuL APR No. 1150 - N13 Coating System for Steelwork for Interior Environments to provide a minimum expected service life of 25 years. This paint system consists of a zinc phosphate primer, Sigma EP 111, an epoxy MIO finish coat, Sigma EP 112, and a topcoat which may be either a polyurethane gloss (SigmaDur 550), a polyurethane semi-gloss, (SigmaDur 520) or an epoxy acrylic gloss (SigmaDur 540).
- LuL APR No. 1147 - N9 & N9 (XN90) Coating System for New Works for application to bridges and structures to provide a minimum expected service life of 25 years. This paint system consists of an epoxy primer (SigmaCover 280) followed by either a polyurethane gloss (SigmaDur 550) or an epoxy acrylic gloss (SigmaDur 540) topcoat finish.
- Network Rail System N1 at 50 microns DFT
- Network Rail System N2 (XN90) at 50 microns DFT
- Network Rail System N4 (XN90) at 50 microns DFT
- Network Rail System N9 at 50 microns DFT
- Network Rail System N13 at 125 microns DFT
- Network Rail System M20 (XM92) at 50 microns DFT
- Network Rail System M21 (XM92) at 50 microns DFT
- Network Rail System M24 (XM92) at 50 microns DFT
- Network Rail System M34 (XM92) at 50 microns DFT
- PPG SigmaDur 540 is a two component high gloss VOC compliant epoxy acrylic finish
- Two component high gloss VOC compliant epoxy acrylic finish
- Colour and gloss retention superior to standard epoxy coatings
- Non-chalking, non-yellowing
|Stock Colours:||White and Black|
|Tintable:||Yes, upon request. Please note, bespoke tints are non refundable / exchangeable|
|VOC Content:||324.0g per Litre|
|Suitable Substrates:||For steel, concrete, as part of a M34 or M24 system for highways or rail|
|Application Method:||Brush, Roller, Air Atomised Spray or Airless Spray|
|Theoretical Coverage:||m2 per litre at microns|
|Wet Film Thickness (WFT):|
|Dry Film Thickness (DFT):||50 - 60 microns|
|Pot Life:||6 hours at 20°C|
|Touch Dry:||2 hours at 20°C|
|Fully Cured:||7 days at 20°C|
|Cleaner / Thinner:||PPG Thinner 91-92|
|Shelf Life:||At least 36 months for base, and 12 months for the hardener when stored cool and dry|
|Packaging:||Available in 4 Litres|
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.