PPG SigmaDur 540 formerly Amercoat 440HS is a two component, high gloss VOC compliant epoxy acrylic paint that can be used to provide a decorative coating to a number of different substrates. Part of the M24 Specification, Highways Agency Item No.167.
PPG SigmaDur 540 is superior to other epoxy coatings in that it offers users a higher level of colour and gloss retention over a longer period of time and will not fade or wear out like other conventional paints.
PPG SigmaDur 540 can be applied simply by brush or roller to produce a highly decorative, durable finish in a variety of different RAL colours. SigmaDur 540 has a long pot life despite being quick drying. After 2 hours your surface will be dry to touch, reaching full cure after 7 days.
Surface and Environment
PPG SigmaDur 540 can be applied over all other epoxy coatings on almost any surface, vertical or horizontal, in interior or exterior environments. SigmaDur 540 is non yellowing so works well to resist the ongoing effects of UV light. SigmaDur 540 is part of the ISO 12944-6 System For Steel C4 High system.
This product is the topcoat for the following systems:
- Highways Agency Item No.167
- LuL APR No. 1150 - N13 Coating System for Steelwork for Interior Environments to provide a minimum expected service life of 25 years.
- LuL APR No. 1147 - N9 & N9 (XN90) Coating System for New Works for application to bridges and structures to provide a minimum expected service life of 25 years.
- Network Rail System N1 at 50 microns DFT
- Network Rail System N2 (XN90) at 50 microns DFT
- Network Rail System N4 (XN90) at 50 microns DFT
- Network Rail System N9 at 50 microns DFT
- Network Rail System N13 at 125 microns DFT
- Network Rail System M20 (XM92) at 50 microns DFT
- Network Rail System M21 (XM92) at 50 microns DFT
- Network Rail System M24 (XM92) at 50 microns DFT
- Network Rail System M34 (XM92) at 50 microns DFT
- PPG SigmaDur 540 is a two component high gloss VOC compliant epoxy acrylic finish
- Two component high gloss VOC compliant epoxy acrylic finish.
- Colour and gloss retention superior to standard epoxy coatings.
- Non-chalking, non-yellowing.
- SigmaDur 540 offers a long pot life but quick drying
- Touch dry after 2 hours
- Full cure after 7 days
- FormallyAmercoat 440HS
- SigmaDur 540 has a theoretical spreading rate 10.9 m2 at 50 microns
- Available in 4 Litres