PPG SigmaCover 690 Aluprimer is a 2 pack self priming epoxy paint that can be used with most aged coatings offers good adhesion properties and can be recoated with any epoxy or polyurethane coatings.
SigmaCover 690 Aluprimer SigmaCover 690 Highways Item 115 is a two component product made up of high solid aluminium pigments and based on polyamide cured resins suitable for priming and coating a variety of metals, in particular, prepared steel.
SigmaCover 690 Aluprimer is a self priming product that can be used with most aged coatings with good adhesion properties and can be recoated with any epoxy and polyurethane coatings if you require a more decorative finish. SigmaCover 690 Aluprimer is a available in dark and light aluminium semi-gloss that can be used to create an aesthetically pleasing finish on steel substrates. Highways Item 115.
SigmaCover 690 Aluprimer can be applied using brush, roller or spray once the two components have been mixed together and offers users a theoretical coverage rate of 7-12m2. After 4 hours the surface will be touch dry and ready for a recoat after 12 hours.
Surface and Environment
SigmaCover 690 Aluprimer can be used in a wide range of different environments to offer excellent impact and abrasion resistance, making it highly suitable in industrial and construction environments. SigmaCover 690 Aluprimer can be used in environments with low temperatures, however if temperatures are likely to drop below freezing then a wintergrade type is available on special request.
This product is the primer for the following systems:
- LuL APR No. 1153 - M27.4 (XM92) Coating System for Maintenance Steel, for application to steel previously coated with bitumen to provide a minimum expected service life of 25 years.
- LuL APR No. 1151 - XM92/M24 Coating System for Maintenance Steel for application to bridges and structures to provide a minimum expected service life of 25 years when spot blast cleaned to Sa 2½ or 15 years when power tool cleaned to St 3
- Highways Item Approval Number 115
- Network Rail System M24 (XM92) at 100 microns DFT
- Colours Aluminium Light and Dark - semi gloss
- Two component high solids aluminium pigmented polyamine cured modified epoxy primer/coating
- Primer/coating designed for maintenance
- Low VOC
- Good flow properties
- Self priming coating tolerant to lower grades of steel preparation
- Compatible with most aged good adhering coatings
- Good recoatability with epoxy and polyurethane paints
- Good curing at temperatures down to +5 degrees C.
- Good impact and abrasion resistance
- If the substrate temperature drops below +5 till 0 degrees C, the wintergrade type should be used (see 7414WG)
- Theoretical spreading rate 12 m2 per litre at 75 microns, 7.2 m2 per litre at 125 microns
- Touch dry after 4 hours
- Curing time 5 days
- Overcoating interval min. 12 hours, max. 4 months
- Available in 4 and 20 Litres