PPG SigmaCover 690 Aluprimer is a 2 pack self priming epoxy paint that can be used with most aged coatings offers good adhesion properties and can be recoated with any epoxy or polyurethane coatings.
SigmaCover 690 Aluprimer SigmaCover 690 Highways Item 115 is a two component product made up of high solid aluminium pigments and based on polyamide cured resins suitable for priming and coating a variety of metals, in particular, prepared steel.
SigmaCover 690 Aluprimer is a self priming product that can be used with most aged coatings with good adhesion properties and can be recoated with any epoxy and polyurethane coatings if you require a more decorative finish. SigmaCover 690 Aluprimer is a available in dark and light aluminium semi-gloss that can be used to create an aesthetically pleasing finish on steel substrates. Highways Item 115.
SigmaCover 690 Aluprimer can be applied using brush, roller or spray once the two components have been mixed together and offers users a theoretical coverage rate of 7-12m2. After 4 hours the surface will be touch dry and ready for a recoat after 12 hours.
Surface and Environment
SigmaCover 690 Aluprimer can be used in a wide range of different environments to offer excellent impact and abrasion resistance, making it highly suitable in industrial and construction environments. SigmaCover 690 Aluprimer can be used in environments with low temperatures, however if temperatures are likely to drop below freezing then a wintergrade type is available on special request.
- LuL APR No. 1153 - M27.4 (XM92) Coating System for Maintenance Steel, for application to steel previously coated with bitumen to provide a minimum expected service life of 25 years.
- LuL APR No. 1151 - XM92/M24 Coating System for Maintenance Steel for application to bridges and structures to provide a minimum expected service life of 25 years when spot blast cleaned to Sa 2½ or 15 years when power tool cleaned to St 3. This paint system consists of an epoxy primer (SigmaCover 690), an epoxy buildcoat (SigmaCover 456 HS) and a finish coat which may be either a polyurethane gloss (SigmaDur 550), a polyurethane semi-gloss (SigmaDur 520) or an epoxy acrylic gloss (SigmaDur 540).
- Highways Item Approval Number 115
- Network Rail System M24 (XM92) at 100 microns DFT
- Two component high solids aluminium pigmented polyamine cured modified epoxy primer/coating
- Primer/coating designed for maintenance
- Low VOC
- Good flow properties
- Self priming coating tolerant to lower grades of steel preparation
- Compatible with most aged good adhering coatings
- Good recoatability with epoxy and polyurethane paints
- Good curing at temperatures down to +5°C
- Good impact and abrasion resistance
- If the substrate temperature drops below +5 till 0°C, the winter grade type should be used (see 7414WG)
|Type:||Polyamine Cured Modified Epoxy|
|Stock Colours:||Aluminium Light and Dark|
|VOC Content:||198.0g per Litre|
|Suitable Substrates:||For metal surfaces|
|Application Method:||Brush, Roller, Air Atomised Spray or Airless Spray|
|Theoretical Coverage:||12 m2 per litre at 75 microns|
|Wet Film Thickness (WFT):|
|Dry Film Thickness (DFT):||75 - 125 microns|
|Pot Life:||3 hours at 20°C|
|Touch Dry:||2 hours at 20°C|
|Overcoatable:||Between 12 hours and 4 months at 20°C|
|Fully Cured:||5 days at 20°C|
|Cleaner / Thinner:||PPG Thinner 91-92|
|Shelf Life:||2 years when stored cool and dry|
|Packaging:||Available in 4 and 20 Litres|
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.