SigmaShield 460 is a two component high solids glass flake reinforced poly amine adduct epoxy coating offering long term protection in areas subject to heavy wear and tear. Highways Agency Item No.123.
SigmaShield 460 can be used on steel and blasted steel and offers excellent abrasion and impact resistance in industrial and marine exposures. Sigmashield 460 is highly suited for use on ice-going vessels and offers extremely good corrosion resistance that protects the surface from natural damage caused by the environment.
SigmaShield 460 can be applied easily and effectively using brush, roller or spray and has a good drying of 3 hours to touch. After 16 hours you will be able to apply a second coating which will reach full cure after 5 days.
Surface and Environment
SigmaShield 460 is highly suited for use in a marine type environment where protection against water and chemicals is vital. 460 offers very low water permeability due to the glass flake barrier.
This product is the topcoat for the following systems:
- Highways Agency Item Number 123
- ISO 12944-6 Systems For Steel - Im 1 and Im 2 High at 400 microns DFT
- Network Rail System N2 (XN90) at 250 microns DFT
- Network Rail System M21 (XM92) at 250 microns DFT
PPG SigmaCover 280 is used within the following PPG systems:
- PPG 3101 System - Anti-Corrosive System For Underwater and Boot Top (To Be Overcoated With Anti-Fouling)
- PPG 3102 System - Systems For Boot Top and Topside
See Data Sheets tab for System sheet downloadable PDF.
- Excellent abrasion and impact resistance.
- Suitable for use on ice-going vessels.
- Excellent resistance to corrosion.
- Resistant to splash and spillage of a wide range of chemicals.
- Very low water permeability, due to glassflake barrier.
- This product may be used on it's own but is usually part of a system. Please call for further information.
|Tintable:||Yes. Please note, bespoke tints are non refundable / exchangeable|
|VOC Content:||246.0 g/l|
|Volume Solids:||81 +/- 2%|
|Suitable Substrates:||Metal Structures|
|Application Method:||Brush, Roller, Airless Spray or Air Spray|
|Theoretical Coverage:||3.2 m2 per litre/strong|
|Wet Film Thickness (WFT):||-|
|Dry Film Thickness (DFT):||250 - 400 microns (10.0 - 16.0 mils) depending on system|
|Pot Life:||1.5 hours at 20°C|
|Touch Dry:||3 hours at 20°C|
|Overcoatable:||After minimum 16 hours, maximum 28 days at 20°C|
|Fully Cured:||5 days at 20°C|
|Cleaner / Thinner:||Thinner 91-92, Cleaning solvent: Thinner 90-53|
|Shelf Life:||years from date of production unopened|
|Packaging:||Available in 20 Litres|
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.