SigmaShield 460 is a two component high solids glass flake reinforced polyamine adduct epoxy coating offering long term protection in areas subject to heavy wear and tear. Highways Agency Item No.123.
SigmaShield 460 can be used on steel and blasted steel and offers excellent abrasion and impact resistance in industrial and marine exposures. Sigmashield 460 is highly suited for use on ice-going vessels and offers extremely good corrosion resistance that protects the surface from natural damage caused by the environment.
SigmaShield 460 can be applied easily and effectively using brush, roller or spray and has a good drying of 3 hours to touch. After 16 hours you will be able to apply a second coating which will reach full cure after 5 days.
Surface and Environment
SigmaShield 460 is highly suited for use in a marine type environment where protection against water and chemicals is vital. 460 offers very low water permeability due to the glass flake barrier.
- Excellent abrasion and impact resistance.
- Suitable for use on ice-going vessels.
- Excellent resistance to corrosion.
- Resistant to splash and spillage of a wide range of chemicals.
- Very low water permeability, due to glassflake barrier.
- Highways Agency Item No.123.
- Theoretical spreading rate 3.2 m