Blackfriar Blackboard Paint is an interior paint, designed for use on blackboards found on walls and has been specially formulated to allow for easy writing and easy cleaning.
Blackfriar Blackboard Paint is best used in schools and offices to renovate old blackboards or for creating new blackboards. Blackfriar Blackboard Paint can also be used over magnetic primer to provide a surface that is magnetic and can be written on to.
- An easy-to-write matt black finish
- Resists ghosting
- Interior use
- Easy to clean
Ensure surface to be coated is clean, dry, sound and free from wax, grease or any other contamination. Previously painted surfaces in sound condition should be abraded and degreased prior to direct application of Blackfriar Chalkboard Paint. Remove any rust and abrade back to a clean bright surface before priming
with the appropriate Blackfriar Metal Primer. New or other bare surfaces should be primed with the appropriate Blackfriar primer.
Stir thoroughly prior to use with a broad stirrer. The product may be applied by brush, roller or spray. Two coats are recommended to give best protection.
Surface and Environment
Blackfriar Blackboard Paint is designed especially for use on blackboards and provides users with a cost effective way of rejuvenating a blackboards appearance without the need for replacement.
- For an easy-to-write and easy-to-clean surface
- Can be painted over magnetic primer for a multi-use surface
- Ideal for creating new or renovating old blackboards
- Do not use under cold (less than 5°C), damp or humid conditions
- Not suitable for use on roller boards orwith liquid chalks
- There may be some 'ghosting' when the chalkboard is first used. To overcome this, clean the board with a damp rag
- If used externally regular maintenance will be required
- Not suitable for direct application to galvanised metal, use Blackfriar Multi Surface Primer first
|VOC Content:||300.0g per Litre|
|Suitable Substrates:||For metal or old chalkboards|
|Application Method:||Brush, Roller, Spray|
|Theoretical Coverage:||14 m2 per litre per coat. 2 coats recommended.|
|Wet Film Thickness (WFT):||-|
|Dry Film Thickness (DFT):||-|
|Overcoatable:||Between 16 hours to 3 days at 20°C|
|Fully Cured:||3 days at 20°C|
|Cleaner / Thinner:||White Spirit|
|Shelf Life:||2 years unopened in original packaging|
|Packaging:||Available in 2.5 Litres|