With over a hundred years of history Blackfriar paints a British company have been formulating and producing quality paints and vamishes in their factory in Bristol. It was in fact Ernest Parsons whilst working at the Ostrich Paint and Vamish works started to formulate his own coatings and finally after eight years decided to create his own company the E. Parsons and Co. palm company. It did not take long for Eamest Parsons to establish an enviable reputation for his varnishes and paints,by the 1920's heavy goods vehicles and cars were relying upon the Blackfriar range of paint for providing corrosion resistant coatings to components such as brake shoes.
For over 100 years the Parsons family formulated and produced high quality coatings building a sales network through independent retailers supply not only to the craftsman but the DlY's alike. Today the Blackfriar brand is owned by Tor Coatings part of the RPM group of companies and the brand is re-establishing itself as a high street brand producing not only wood care products but a complete range of paints such as anti-slip and smooth floor paints, anti climb paints, interior and exterior varnish, anti-graffiti coatings, oil and stain removers, primers, decking stains, fence preservatives and concrete repair mortars. This range now contains over 70 products and are readily available through a network of independent paint distributors and large DIY superstores.