Owatrol CIP Corrosive Inhibiting Primer is an anti-corrosive primer that penetrates metal and stops rust to steel structures, motor vehicles, civil engineering and marine equipment, railings, gates and nautical ballast tanks.
Owatrol CIP Corrosive Inhibiting Primer is an anti-corrosive primer that possesses the penetrating properties associated with Owatrol Oil. Additionally Owatrol CIP has the added benefit that it may be overcoated with any coating, without the risk of it dissolving.
Owatrol C.I.P. (Corrosive Inhibiting Primer) stabilises the surface and penetrates deep into the substrate, driving out excess moisture and air to form a solid stable layer. With Owatrol CIP, sand or shot-blasted surfaces do not require immediate priming - a light rust coating will not affect its performance or the final result.
Please contact Promain if you have any questions regarding Owatrol CIP, including the colour finishes available.
Owatrol CIP (Corrosive Inhibiting Primer) is a rust inhibiting primer designed for use with all paint types and will not dissolve or break down when high solvent coatings are applied. Owatrol Corrosive Inhibiting Metal Primer offers excellent abrasion qualities as well as being highly resistant to acids and alkalis. It penetrates and stabilises the metal surface forming a solid stable layer which other coatings can firmly adhere to.
Owatrol CIP (Corrosive Inhibiting Primer) is extremely easy to use and requires minimal effort to apply. Application is with a brush, roller or airless spray. There is no need for sanding or sandblasting prior to application.
Owatrol CIP is touch dry in 6 hours and can be re-coated in 1-3 days, depending on external conditions. Put simply, the warmer the external temperature, the faster it will dry and be ready for re-coating. Owatrol CIP has a theoretical coverage rate of 15 square metres per litre and is available in 3 different sizes: 500 mls, 2.5 litres and 20 litres.
Surface and Environment
Owatrol CIP (Corrosive Inhibiting Primer) is suitable for use in interior or exterior environments on a variety of surfaces/substrates. Promain would recommend that it is idealyl suited for metal but Owatraol CIP can also be used on brickwork or wood.
Examples of uses for Owatrol CIP include: steel structures, motor vehicles, civil engineering and marine equipment, railings, gates and nautical ballast tanks.
- Owatrol CIP Corrosive Inhibiting Primer is a universal rust inhibiting primer for all paint types
- Does not dissolve or break down when hot solvent paints are applied over it
- Penetrates and stabilises the surface - increasing coating adhesion
- Pigmentation offers increased protection and perfect film-forming qualities
- Easy to use, no need for sanding or sandblasting
- Use on new or rusted surfaces - interior and exterior
- High temperature resistance up to 175 degrees Celsius
- Application by brush, roller or airless sprayer
- Touch Dry: 6 hours
- Recoat: 24 - 72 hours
- Full cure: 24 hours
- Theoretical coverage is 15 square metres per litre
- Heat resistant up to 175 degrees Celsius
- Cleaner: White spirit.