Owatrol Transyl Oil is a multi-purpose problem solver which releases, penetrates, lubricates, cleans and protects metal joints, tools and machinery.
Owatrol Transyl Oil is a lubricating, deep penetrating, self-spreading liquid with exceptional “wetting”, spreading and climbing properties. Able to reach the most inaccessible areas, Owatrol Transyl Oil is superb for the dismantling and maintenance of metal assemblies and for lubricating hard to reach metal parts. A multi purpose problem solver that has been developed over 75 years, it is widely used in the Automotive, Aviation, Rail and Maritime industries as well as the industrial and domestic markets.
- Interior and exterior
- Home, Industry, Marine, Aerospace, Automotive, Rail
- Release rusted parts - Bolts, Screws, Chains, Conveyors, Bearings
- Lubricate Hinges, Locks, Pulleys, Tools, Valves, Chain Saws
- Clean Engines, Hand and Power Tools, Marine Equipment, Industrial Machinery
- Dissolve adhesives and gums - Easy removal of labels, tape and excess bonding material
- Machining lubricant - Drilling, Cutting, Counter sinking, Turning
- Especially good when working with aluminium and its alloys, stainless steel and plastics
- Electrical assemblies, Circuit boards, Controls, Automotive electrics
- Releases - Frees and loosens fixings seized due to rust or corrosion. Deposits lubricating film between seized parts, allowing them to be dismantled.
- Penetrates - Possessing excellent “wetting” properties allows Owatrol Transyl Oil to spread quickly and penetrate deeply
- Lubricates - Allows easy movement of stiff and seized parts. Ideal for machining
- Cleans - Dissolves and removes dirt, grease and grime
- Protects - Leaves a thin protective film on metal surfaces to shield against moisture and oxidation
- Moisture - Displaces moisture. Quickly dries out electrical circuits – prevents moisture induced short circuits
- Self spreading - Very low surface tension. Natural capillary action – climbs vertical metal surfaces and penetrates hard to reach areas
- Machining - Prevents wear and tear on cutting heads
- Does not contain caustic or acid substances
- Does not contain silicone
- Use on all surfaces - Plastic, Metal, Rubber. Does not damage paint
Remove any loose and flaking rust.
Rusted and Corroded parts:
Saturate item to be loosened. Allow to work. If required repeat procedure until item is loosened and can be removed.
Cleaning and Degreasing:
Saturate surface. Allow to work for a short period. Agitate with brush or cloth. Wipe off any excess liquid. Repeat if necessary.
Apply as required to the surface being cut.
Isolate all power (Not required for Spark Plug Leads, Ignition Coils etc). Drain all stored power from system. Spray directly on to electric device or circuit board. Tilt to drain off any excess. Thoroughly vent the system to ensure all solvent is evaporated off before restoring power.
- Transyl Releasing Oil Lubricant
- A deep penetrating, self-spreading liquid
- Loosens metal joints bonded together by rust
- Excellent for freeing hinges, screws, bolts, plumbing joints
- Lubricates and holds firm to moving parts preventing wear and tear
- Excellent cleaning agent removing dirt, grime, grease and bonding agents
- Protects by leaving a film to shield against rusting
- Prolongs useful life of metal tools and machinery
- Very low surface tension and great wetting powers for hard to reach parts
- Available in 400ml Aerosols or 1 and 5 Litre tins
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.