Winter Special 20% Off RRP - excludes certain colours and finishes
Grab A Deal On Owatrol Products Today And Beat The 2018 Price Increase!
Owatrol Deks Olje D1 Wood Oil has been formulated to saturate into the wood, feeding it with oil to drive out the air and moisture stopping decay, D1 is suitable for application internally and externally on door & window frames, floors, decking, garden furniture, timber structure, cladding etc.
Owatrol Deks Olje D1 is a saturating non film forming matt finish suitable to be applied to both horizontal and vertical wood surfaces that are either interior, exterior or in the marine environment. Owatrol Deks Olje D1 works by saturating into the timber surface filling the wood pores with oil that will drive out and moisture and air that if left will cause damage to the timber. Owatrol Deks Olje D1 will provide a long lasting protecting that enhance the natural beauty of the wood providing easy maintenance requiring no sanding or striping when re applying Owatrol D1 Deks Olje.
Owatrol Deks Olje D1 Wood Oil has been specially designed for use in the Marine environment and is part of the great range of Owatrol Marine products, Owatrol Deks Olje D1 Wood Oil is ideal for use on boats, above and below the waterline on surfaces such as decks, duckboards etc. D1 can also be applied on exterior timber such as garden furniture, decks, decking, fences and interior timber such as stairs, parquet flooring doors and window frames etc. Owatrol D1 Deks Olje can be used on both horizontal and vertical surfaces, hardwoods and tropical woods such as oak, chestnut, ash, teak, ipe, mahogany, bangkirai etc. D1 is also suitable for softwoods such as pine, larch, spruce etc.
Owatrol Deks Olje D1 can be applied by either brush or roller and has a theoretical coverage of 1-4m2 per litre for initial application and 8-12m2 per litre for maintenance when reapplying D1 Deks Olje, actual coverage will vary depending on application method, type, texture and porosity of the wood.
When applying to new interior wood you will need to prepare the surface by sanding with 100 grit sand paper to open the pores, after sanding dust off and then degrease the surface with methylated sprit.
New exterior timber is best being first treated with Owatrol Aquanett to remove the mill glaze and open the woods pores, the timber will then need to be treated with Owatrol Net-Trol to neutralise the Aquanett, clean the timber and restore the natural colour, allow to timber to dry before applying D1 Deks Olje.
Wood surfaces that have been untreated and allow to weather are best treated with Owatrol Net-Trol to remove the dirt, restore the colour andensure the timber is at the correct PH level for application of a finish,the surface will then need to be allowed to dry before applying D1 Deks Olje.
If the wood has been previously oiled or if the untreated weather woodsurface is severely contaminated the timber is best being treated first Owatrol Aquanett to remove the previous applied oil and open the woodspores, the timber will then need to be treated with Owatrol Net-Trol to neutralise the Aquanett and clean the timber, allow to timber to dry before applying D1.
If the timber surface has had a previous coating applied such as a paint, varnish, stain or water proofer, it will need to be removed prior to the application of D1. The removal of the previously applied coating is best achieved by first treating the timber with Owatrol Dilunett to strip out the coating, the stripper will then need to be neutralised by treating the surface with Owatrol Net-trol which also cleans the timber and restores the colour. The timber will then need to be allow to dry before the application of D1 Deks Olje.
- Provides an excellent base for traditional underwater coatings
- Owatrol Deks Olje D1 Wood Oil Features
- Optimised for thick, dense, greasy and difficult to impregnate woods
- Suitable for exotic wood species, teak, mahogany, movingui, ipe, bovinga, bolondo and iroco etc.
- Drives out moisture and air by penetrating deep into pores
- Suitable for exterior and interior wood, both horizontal and vertical
- Can be applied above and even below the waterline; provides excellent insulation and a basis for adhesion prior to the classical underwater treatment
- Non film building, No Blistering, Cracking or Flaking
- Protects against humidity and its effects
- Transparent, keeps the woods natural appearance
- A matt and natural finish. (For a glossy finish topcoat with DEKS OLJE D2.)
- Owatrol Deks Olje D1 Wood Oil Application
- Easy maintenance, clean with soap and water and apply, no need for sanding or hard scrubbing
- Can be applied by paint brush or roller, clean up with white spirit
- Drying time, 24 hours, 3 days before use
- Recoat wet on wet
- Coverage, Multicoat 1 to 4m2 per litre, Maintenance 8 to 12 m2 per litre.
- Available in 1, 2.5 and 20 litres Paint Tins.
- Colour: Clear