Owatrol Seasonite will provided a matt finish and was developed to protect new wood during it's first year when the timber is at is most venerable. Owatrol Seasonite works by penetrating into the surface of the wood bonding the fibres of the wood together to stabilise and protect against the transfer of moisture and the sun’s harmful UV rays.
Owatrol Seasonite is for preventing warping and cracking that causes unsightly and damaging results, treating the wood with Owatrol Seasonite will keep the wood looking new for longer. Using Owatrol Seasonite to treat new timber, allows the new wood to weather naturally in its first year without damage. After 6 to 12 months of weathering, Owatrol Seasonite provides a sound surface for oils, paint and stains. After this period of weathering the wood can then easily maintained and protected by using a penetrating oil finish such as Owatrol Textrol or for a coloured finish we would recommend using Owatrol Solid Color Stain.
Owatrol Seasonite is best used on new exterior timber to protect and stabilise the new exterior wood during its first year of weathering. Owatrol Seasonite can be used to treat pressure treated wood, softwoods such as cedar, pine, Douglas fir etc., and hardwoods such as ash, beech, birch etc. Owatrol Seasonite can be used on both horizontal and vertical surfaces, and is perfect for application on new garden decks, cladding, shakes, fences, shingles, exterior wood furniture plus many more.
Owatrol Seasonite can be applied by brush, medium plie roller or garden sprayer. Owatrol Seasonite has a theoretical coverage rate of 5-7 M2 per litre, actual coverage will vary depending on application method, type, texture, age and porosity of the wood. Before applying Owatrol Seasonite you will need to ensure the wood surface is clean, dry and free of dirt, grease, grime mildew and other surface contaminants. If the wood surface has mildew on the surface this best removed by treating the surface with a solution of 1 part bleach to 3 parts water, scrub the solution into the surface and leave to stand for 10-15 minute, after being allow to stand rinse the solution away with fresh clean water and allow the timber to dry.
Following the above surface preparation and ensuring the timber is clean and dry or damp but not wet, apply one liberal saturating coat to all timber surfaces ensuring you allow the Seasonite to soak into the end grain of the timber. When treating a deck ensure that you work the Seasonite into cracks between boards, decks can usually be walked on 1 hour after application.
After allowing the timber to weather for 12 months with a treatment of Owatrol Seasonite, the timber should then be treated with an application of Owatrol Net-trol to clean the surface and restore the colour of the wood, the timber will then require an application of a penetrating oil finish such as Owatrol Textrol or for coloured finish use Owatrol Solid Color Stain to provide protection and easy way of maintaining the timber.
Always consult the manufacturerTechnical Data Sheet before application.
Surfaces and Environment Owatrol Seasonite is for new exterior wood only, and is to be used to protect and stabilise new exterior wood during the first year of weathering. Owatrol Seasonite is Ideal for application on pressure treated wood, softwoods such as cedar, pine, Douglas fir etc., and hardwoods such as ash, beech, birch etc., as well as kiln dried timbers. Owatrol Seasonite can be applied on both horizontal and vertical surfaces such as new garden decks, cladding, shakes, fences, shingles, exterior wood furniture plus many more.
- Seasonite treatment for new and pressure treated wood
- Stabilises and protects the wood during its first 12 months of weathering
- Penetrates the wood and protects it from excess moisture. Allows wood pores to open naturally
- Minimises any splitting, cracking, warping and cupping due to the damaging effects of the sun and rain
- Colourless treatment
- Easy to use
- Minimises the greying & weathering process - prepares the wood for recoating
- After 6-12 months of weathering, Seasonite provides a sound surface for paint, wood stain or other finishes to be applied to.
Where To Use
- Ideal for softwood (Pine, Spruce, Cedar...) and especially for pressure-treated wood
- Vertical or horizontal surfaces
- Use on garden decks, shakes, shingles, cladding, fencing, unfinished outdoor furniture in Pine, Spruce, Cedar or other softwoods
- Apply a generous coat to all dry wood surfaces before or after installation
- Do not apply to weathered wood.
- Apply Seasonite by brush, roller or Garden Sprayer
- Do not thin
- Drying time: 12 hours. Decks can usually be walked on after 4-6 hours
- 1 hour after application
- Theoretical coverage: 5-7 m2 per litre
- Clean up with water.
- Colour: Clear