Keim Ecosil-ME Photocatalytic interior mineral paint, environmentally friendly for interior use. The only internal silicate paint that optimises air quality, making use of the MiNox effect, the photo-active pigment can decompose organic pollutants and odours.
Keim Ecosil-ME uses photo-catalytic pigments to reduce noxious gases and odours by transforming them into natural substances. Keim Ecosil ME is particularly suitable for interior walls and ceilings in heavily used areas such as public buildings, hospitals, schools, offices, hotels, restaurants and food storage areas.
Keim Ecosil-ME has been developed to meet the demand for a truly environmentally friendly paint for interior application. Water based, solvent and VOC free, non allergenic, odourless and breathable it is ideally suited for decoration of interior areas, in particular for people with allergies, and for areas where relocation of occupants during decoration is impractical.
Keim Ecosil-ME is breathable and anti-condensation, forming a microcrystalline structure with the substrate when applied, which allows the free passage of vapour from the substrate whilst preventing ingress of moisture. The microcrystalline structure offers a high level of light reflectance, resulting in energy savings through reduction in lighting levels. Keim Ecosil-ME is inherently non-flammable and mould and fungi resistant.
The MiNox effect works by utilising sunlight energy to neutralise pollution. The photo-catalyst, TiO 2 (titanium dioxide) is added to Keim Ecosil-ME as a pigment. Energy is absorbed from sunlight and activates the pigment. The photo-active pigment can decompose organic pollutants and odours, transforming these materials into small, harmless components.
Keim Ecosil-ME offers a smooth finish for churches and includes purifier to remove contaminates from the air. Ecosil-ME cleans the environment with catalytic purification and contains natural organic pigments that becomes part of the surface of the substrate meaning colours are guaranteed not to fade from UV degradation
Keim Ecosil-ME neutralises noxious gases and pollutants, including industrial and traffic pollution, furniture and carpet cleaning solutions, cigarette smoke, formaldehyde, acetaldehyde, fatty substances and stearates.
- Cleanable in accordance with DIN 13300
- Free from solvents, plasticisers and biocides
- Highly obliterative
- Non flammable
- Resistant to mould and fungal growth
- Photocatalytic effect
- Anti bacterial action
- Resistant to disinfectants
- Suitable for allergy sufferers
- Safe for application in food preparation areas
Highly absorbent or friable substrates should be treated with Keim Granital Dilution. All loose, flaking and unstable material must be identified and then thoroughly removed, all surfaces must be thoroughly washed down with clean cold water to remove all surface dirt and dust. When all surfaces are clean, sound, wind dry, dust free and free from all surface contaminants, decoration using Keim Mineral Paints may proceed.
Keim Ecosil ME should be applied as a 2 coat undiluted system with a minimum period of 5 hours between coats. Keim Ecosil ME can be applied by brush, roller or airless spray. For previously painted surfaces and dry-lined surfaces Keim Ecosil Grund should be used as the first coat.
For the best finish possible, Promain recommend the use of KEIM's Facade Brush for the best application.
- LuL APR No: 2941 - Mineral paint for interior use on surface and sub-surface Stations.Suitable on walls and ceilings in heavily used public areas. The product complies with LU Standard 1-085, and can be used in sub-surface locations.
- Keim Ecosil ME Neutralises noxious gases and pollutants
- Wet abrasion resistance, class 1
- Breathable and anti-condensation
- Resistant to mould and fungi
- Suitable for people with allergies
- Environmentally friendly, ISO14001
- Lightfast mineral matt appearance
- Water based, solvent and VOC free
- Increases light reflectivity
- Theorectical Coverage: Approx.0.3 Litres per m2
- Available in 5 and 15 Litres