Bird Brand Ecosote has been voted the best Creosote substitute. HSE (Health and Safety Executive) approved preservative used to prevent fungi and decay to external timber surfaces and provides very low hazard to the user and to the environment.
Bird Brand Ecosote Wood Preserver is best used on external timber surfaces such as garden fences and wooden cladding as an alternative to non HSE approved stains and paints to provide a decorative finish which is kind to the environment.
Bird Brand Ecosote Wood Preserver can be applied by a brush or spray. Brushes used in the application are easily washed in water. The application leaves a beautiful, water repellent finish.
Surface and Environment
Bird Brand Ecosote Wood Preserver is ideal for domestic timber surfaces such as garden fences and provides an eco-friendly alternative to standard wood stains and paints giving a beautiful, colour fast finish to keep both you and your garden happy.
- Bird Brand Ecosote water based Wood Preserver
- Ecosote effectively preserves external timber to prevent fungi and decay
- It is registered with the HSE (UK Health & Safety Executive Tested & Approved)
- The active ingredients (boron + biocide) are natural decay inhibitors that fight fungi and also control green algae growth
- Although it is water based it penetrates timber just like a solvent based wood preservative
- Water repellent.
- Very low hazard to the user/environment
- Ecosote is a HSE approved Wood Preservative
- Low VOC Content
- More colour fast than Creosote
- Good penetration
- Low odour & brushes wash out in water
- Applied by brush or spray
- Theoretical coverage 5-8m2 per litre
- Ecosote is available in 20 litres recyclable containers
- Available in Dark, Light & Black.
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.