Sherwin Williams Macropoxy M455V2 Epoxy Primer Finish - Formerly Leighs Epigrip M455V2 is a high performance 2 pack single coat shop applied protective finish for structural steel that will not normally require further site coats.
Macropoxy M455V2 is suitable for use in marine, chemical or other aggressive environments, but not immersed conditions.
Blast clean surfaces to Sa2 1/2 BS EN ISO 8501-1:2007. Average surface profile should be in the range of 50-75 microns. Ensure all surfaces to be coated are clean, dry and free from all surface contamination. May also be applied over a wide range of pre fabrication primers. Suitable for application via airless spray or convential spray. Brush application is suitable for small areas or touch up purposes. Application of more than one coat may be necessary to give equivalent DFT to a single spray applied coat.
- Registered for TfL (Transport for London) use: 1667
- Compliant with fire performance requirements in London Underground Standard 1-085
- BS476 Part 6: Fire Propagation
- BS476 Part 7: Surface Spread of Flame
- BS6853 Annex B2: Toxic Fire
- BS6853 Annex D8.4: Smoke Density
- Drying Times: 1 1/2 hours at 23°C to touch, 4 hours at 23°C to recoat
- Pot Life: 6 hours at 23°C
- Dry Film Thickness: 125 microns depending on surface profile
- in order to achieve optimum water and chemical resistance, temperature needs to be maintained above 10°C during curing
- Recommended Thinner: No5
- Can be tinted to a full colour range
- Red, Orange or Yellow shades may require additional coats for full coverage
- Available in 5 and 20 Litres