Sherwin Williams Macropoxy M905 - Formerly Leighs Epigrip M905 is a winterfast hi build undercoat formulated for low temperature curing down to 0°C.
Macropoxy M905 is formulated for application onto suitably primed surfaces, as an undercoat for use under suitable high performance finishes, where low temperature curing is required. Recommended for rapid overcoating and faster handling times.
Compatible with a wide range of epoxy primers Epigrip M902 Winterfast Hi-Build Brushing Aluminium (preferred primer). Recommended application via airless spray, roller or brush. Recommended cleaners / thinner no5 for thinning and no9 or no13 for cleaning. For overcoating with epoxy products (including self overcoating), the maximum recommended interval is 28 days at 23°C. Where a high degree of gloss and colour retention is required overcoat with Resistex C137V2, Resistex C237, Acrolon 1850 and Acrolon 7300 within 7 days at a minimum dft of 50 microns or in the case of C750V2 overcoat within 4 days. These overcoating times refer to achievement of optimum adhesion at 23°C and will vary with temperature.
- Highways Agency Item No. 116
- Network Rail Item No 7.1.7
- Network Rail Item No 7.2.2
- LuL APR No.286: M24 Paint System for Maintenance Steel for application to bridges and structures, including structures in below ground locations, to provide corrosion protection for a 25 Year service life. Complies with LU Standard 1-085 'Fire Safety Performance of Materials'. M24 is a protective treatment for use on steel structures coated with sound aged alkyd paints where the existing paint cannot totally be removed. The coatings are surface tolerant and are suitable for application to abrasive blast-cleaned surfaces, hand or power tool cleaned surfaces and sound, aged alkyd paints. This paint system is a winter grade that can be used in cold conditions, slightly above freezing.
- Drying Time: 3.5 hours at 15°C to touch, 5 hours at 15°C to recoat
- Dry Film Thickness: 125 microns
- Theoretical Coverage: 6.0m2 per litre
- Pot Life: 3 hours at 15°C
- Available in a limited range of colours
- Available in 2.5 or 15 Litres
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.