Sherwin Williams Acrolon 1850 is a two pack isocyanate free finish based on an acrylic epoxy binder system that has good gloss retention, good resistance to UV rays, water spotting and weathering.
Sherwin Williams Acrolon 1850 is best used as a finish coat for exterior exposed surfaces where retention of gloss is required, and the use of isocyanate products is precluded or undesirable. Normally used in conjunction with epoxy primers and undercoats. Acrolon 1850 has been principally designed for the offshire and fabric maintenance markings where the use of isocyanates is restricted but good coverage is desired with little downtime.
Compatible with a wide range of Macropoxy, Dura-plate, Zinc Clad Epoxy Primers and Buildcoats. Acrolon 1850 must be applied over epoxy materials within 4 days at 23°C to ensure satisfactory intercoat adhesion. Indefinately self-overcoatable. Apply using airless spray, conventional spray, brush. Thiining of up to 5% vol may be required for spray application using cleanser / thinner no5. Ensure surfaces to be coated are clean, dry and free from all surface contamination. Steelwork coated with ACROLON 1850 Special Finish should be protected from weather for 6 hours after application.
- Complies with Norsok M501 Rev 6 System 1 as part of a three coat system
- Certified for decontamination in accordance with EX07190/06/33/03
- Finish: High Gloss
- Drying Times: 1 hou at 23°C to touch, 3 hours at 23°C to recoat
- Dry Film Thickness: 200 micons
- Theoretical Coverage: 2.94m2 per litre
- Pot Life: 3 hours at 23°C
- Available in White and Full Shade Range
- Available in 5 Litres