Sherwin Williams Firetex M90/02 is a two pack, solvent free, thick film epoxy exterior intumescent coating that provides passive hydrocarbon fire protection for up to 4 hours on structural steel, decks and bulkheads.
Firetex M90/02 has type approvals and listings from numerous Classification Societies and Authorities, and is recommended for use on both onshore and offshore structures. It has been extensively tested and approved for durability under NORSOK M501 and UL1709. Typical examples of use are: Decks and bulkheads, Structural steel support members, Pipe racks, Vessel skirts and saddles, Tanks, Vessels, Steel structures exposed to potential blast. FIRETEX M90/02 is also recommended for use in LNG and cryogenic applications when applied as a duplex system using FIRETEX M89/02. FIRETEX M90/02 is an exterior durable coating that is tested and approved for both pool and jet fire situations. It has resistance to the following: Moisture, Acid spillage, Alkali spillage, Petroleum solvents, Aliphatic solvents, Abrasion and Weather
Recommended application via plural component spray, airless spray or trowel, preformed castings. Overcoating should take place within seven days of application of the previous coat of FIRETEX M90/02. If seven days is exceeded, mechanical abrading of the FIRETEX surface is required to ensure proper adhesion. Drying times, curing times and pot life should be considered as a guide only. The curing reaction of epoxies begins immediately when the two components are mixed, and since the reaction is dependent on temperature, the curing time and pot life will be approximately halved by a 10°C increase in temperature and doubled by a 10°C decrease in temperature. Galvanized surfaces must be prepared according to SSPC SP-16 with minimum surface profile of 1.0 mils followed by priming with Macropoxy 646 series at 2-5mils (50-125 microns) DFT.
- BS476 Part 20 and 21 Appendix D – Hydrocarbon Pool Fire Testing
- ISO 22899-1 Jet Fire Resistance
- Type Approved by Lloyds Register of Shipping
- Type Approved by Det Norsk Veritas
- Type Approved by American Bureau of Shipping
- Approved by Underwriters Laboratory to UL1709 (design number XR632)
- BAM vessel test reference 3.2/8945
- Resistant to blast overpressure
- NORSOK M501 Revision 6 System 5A
- NFPA 58 Annex H Hose Stream Test
- IMO Resolution MSC61 (67) Annex 1, Part 2 – Toxicity Test
- Tested and assessed to EN13381-8
- European Technical Approval ETA 13/0676
- Zulassung No. Z200 474
- Dry Film Thickness: 120 - 275 microns
- Drying Times: 3 hours at 23°C to touch, 3 hours - 7 days at 23°C to recoat
- Theoreticial Coverage: 14.7 - 5.7m2 per litre
- Available in Pale Blue
- Available in 20Kg and 60Kg
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.