Sherwin Williams Macropoxy C425V2 - Formerly Leighs Epigrip is a high build, 2 pack epoxy, zinc phosphate primer / buildcoat for the anti corrosive protection of steel.
Macropoxy C425V2 is formulated for use in internal/external exposed conditions including offshore, petrochemical and sub-sea environments for the anti corrosive protection of carbon steel surfaces prepared by abrasive blast cleaning.
Recommended application methods via airless spray, conventional spray, brush or roller. Recommended thinner no5 for thinning, or no9 / no13 for cleaning. Indefinitely overcoatable with epoxy systems provided the surfaces to be coated have been suitably cleaned. Where a high degree of gloss and colour retention is required, overcoat with Acrolon C137V2, Acrolon C237, Acrolon 1850 and Acrolon 7300 within 7 days at a minimum dft of 50 microns or in the case of Acrolon C750V2 overcoat within 4 days. These overcoating times refer to achievement of optimum adhesion at 23°C and will vary with temperature.
- Network Rail – Item No 7.1.4
- Approved for use by MoD(N) as a gel coat over FRP/GRP surfaces
- Complies with NORSOK M501 Rev. 5 System 1 and 7
- Dry Film Thickness: 100 microns
- Drying Times: 2 hours at 15°C to touch, 6 hours at 15°C to recoat
- Pot Life: 2 hours 30mins at 15°C
- Available in a limited colour range
- Available in 5 and 20 Litres