Sherwin Williams Macropoxy L425 - Formerly Leighs EPIGRIP L425, is a 2 pack epoxy zinc phosphate primer suitable for the anti corrosive protection of carbon steel surfaces prepared by abrasive blast cleaning.
Macropoxy L425 is suitable for use as a primer for appropriate coating systems on carbon steel, stainless steel for surfaces that will be exposed or immersed conditions. Sherwin Williams Macropoxy L425 can also be used as a patch primer for the repair of damaged surfaces. For stainless steel L425 Red Oxide should be specified. A surface tolerant multi-substrate penetrating primer, suitable for use under appropriate coating systems for exposed or immersed conditions. Indefinitely overcoatable with epoxy systems. Complies with British Gas Standard PS PA9 Primer.
For Ferrous Surfaces: Blast clean to Sa2 1/2 BS EN ISO 8501-1:2007. Average surface profile should be in the range of 50 - 75 microns. Manually prepared surfaces should be prepared to a minimum standard of ST3 BS EN ISO 8501-1:2007 at the time of coating.
For Stainless Steel and Non Ferrous Surfaces: Ensure surfaces to be coated are clean, dry and free of surface contamination. For optimum adhesion substrate should be thoroughly abraded or flash blasted with non metallic abrasive. Application can be made using airless sprayer, conventional sprayer, brush or roller. Compatible with a wide range of Sherwin Williams Macropoxy, Dura-plate, Zinc Clas Epoxy Primers and Buildcoats. For overcoating with alkyd systems consult our technical team.
- Complies with British Gas Standard PS PA9 Primer
- NATO Approval No. 8010-99-777-8688 (5 Litres)
- Macropoxy L425 2 pack epoxy zinc phosphate primer
- Compatible with a wide range of Sherwin Williams Macropoxy, Dura-plate, Zinc Clas Epoxy Primers and Buildcoats.
- For overcoating with alkyd systems consult our technical team
- Apply at temperatures in excess of 10°C with good ventilation.
- Dry Film Thickness: 75 microns depending on surface profile. Thickness depends on actual use and specification
- Drying Time: To Touch - 1 1/2 hours at 23°C, To Recoat - 4 hours at 23°C
- Recommended Thinner No5
- Available in a limited range of colours
- Available in 5 and 20 litre units
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.