Sherwin Williams Zinc Clad II EU Ethyl Zinc Silicate Primer is a self curing solvent based zinc silicate coating for the protection of blast cleaned steel surfaces up to 400°C.
Zinc Clad II is best suited for the protection of blast cleaned steel surfaces. /this product is capable of withstanding temperatures up to 400°C. May be used as a holding primer at dry fi lm thicknesses down to 20 microns (thinned 15% with Cleanser/Thinner No.4 after thorough mixing of the two components). Capable of curing at temperatures down to 0°C.
Apply using airless spray or conventional spray. Use a brush for small areas or touch up only. Prior to overcoating, any water soluble salts caused by weathering must be removed by either fresh water washing or flash blasting. The use of a thin sealercoat or tie coat is essential before overcoating the material with a high build system, in order to reduce bubbling/pinholing effects. The material is overcoatable by a wide range of non-saponifiable systems such as 2-pack epoxy, vinyl, chlorinated rubber, polyurethane etc. Consult Sherwin-Williams for detailed specifications. The recoating times given above are a guide only, in all cases the Zinc Clad II EU should be fully cured before overcoating.
- Complies with BS5493:1977 - Table 4E - Type EP2A
- Complies with SSPC20:2004 – Level 1 Zinc content
- Shell Specification VI(g) - Dep 40.48.00.30 - GEN
- Complies with British Gas Specifi cation PS PA9
- Pot Life: 8 hours at 23°C
- Dry Film Thickness: 75 microns
- Theoretical Coverage: 8.7m2 per litre
- Drying Time: 5 minutes at 23&de;C to touch, 16 hours at 23°C to recoat
- Available in Grey
- Available in 5 Litres