Sherwin Williams Zinc Clad M501 is a 2 pack epoxy zinc rich anti corrosive primer for the protection of steel surfaces. Also suitable as a repair primer for galvanised surfaces.
Sherwin Williams Zinc Clad M501 is best used as a 2 pack epoxy zinc rich anti corrosive primer for the protection of steel surfaces. Also suitable as a repair primer for galvanised surfaces
Apply using airless spray or brush for small areas and touch up. Use thinner / cleanser no5 for clean up. Indefinitely overcoatable with epoxy systems provided a minimum of 60 microns (2.5 mils) dft is obtained. Do not overcoat with paints containing saponifiable resins such as oleo-resinous or alkyd based paints unless a non-saponifiable resin based barrier coat has been applied first. Blast clean to Sa2½ BS EN ISO 8501-1:2007 (SSPC-SP10/ NACE2) Average surface profile in the range 50 - 75 microns (2.3 mills). Ensure surfaces to be coated are clean, dry and free from all surface contamination. For repair of galvanizing, for small areas, abrade the surface to a minimum standard of St3 BS EN ISO 8501-1:2007 (SSPC-SP3) feathering off the edges of intact galvanizing surrounding such areas, and then brush apply the primer. For large areas it is recommended that the surface is flash blasted.
- Meets the performance requirements of ISO20340 (2009) as part of a three coat system
- Conforms to composition and performance requirements of Norsok M501 Rev.5 (2004) System 1
- HA Item No 109
- Dry Film Thickness: minimum of 60 microns
- Drying Times: 25 minutes at 15°C to touch, 5 hours at 15°C to recoat
- Pot Life: 10 hours at 15°C
- Theoretical Coverage: 9.84m2 per litre
- Available in Grey
- Available in 5 and 10 Litres