Sherwin Williams Firetex M71 V2 - Formerly Leighs is a decorative sheen top coat designed for internal environments over Sherwin Williams intumescent primers.
Firetex M71V2 provides protection when used in internal semi controlled conditions where condensation may occur. Also used to maintain the appearance of Firetex systems. Ideal for internally dry controlled C1 environments and up to 20 years in an internal semi controlled environment for C2 categories as defined in ISO 12944-2. after drying Firetex M71 V2 can be exposed to weather provided that the specific use or storage does not lead to ponding water due to rainfall, condensation or other site / transportation / storage circumstances.
Ensure all surfaces to be painted are clean, dry and free from all surface contamination. Suitable for application via airless spray, convential spray, brush or roller. Recommended Thinner/Cleaner No2. Firetex M71V2 must always be applied to a minimum dry film thickness of 50 microns to provide adequate protection to Firetex single pack intumescent coatings in an internally semi controlled environment where condensation may occur.
Cellulosic Fire Protection of Steel:
- Specification FP1: Water Based 75µm Site applied for Life of Building (C1), or 50µm for up to 20 years (C2)
- Specification FP1a: Water Based 75µm Site applied for Life of Building (C1) or 50µm for up to 20 years (C2)
- Specification FP1b: Water Based 75µm Site applied for Life of Building (C1) or 50µm for up to 20 years (C2)
- Forumated to meet the requirements of EC directive 2004/42/CE
- ETAG 18-2
- Do not apply at ambient air temperatures under 5°C
- Dry Film Thickness: 50 microns
- Theoretical Coverage: 8.5m2 per litre
- Touch Dry: 60 minutes at 15°C
- Recoatable: 4 hours at 15°C
- Recommended Thinner/Cleaner No2
- Available in a full range of colours
- Available in 5 and 20 Litres