Sherwin Williams Firetex FX1002 Solvent Based Intumescent is a single pack, solvent based, thin film 120 minute intumescent coating for on site application onto structural steel.
FIRETEX FX1002 is designed for site application by airless spray, to provide fire resistance for up to 120 minutes on structural steel. After appropriate drying, FIRETEX FX1002 specifications can be exposed to the weather for up to 6 months provided that the specific use does not lead to ponding water due to rainfall, condensation or other site circumstances.
Recommended application via airless spray or brush. Recommended cleanser no2. FIRETEX FX1002 can resist normal weather conditions for up to 6 months without topcoat provided it has had appropriate drying prior to exposure. Once an approved topcoat has been applied as appropriate to the prevailing conditions, then durability will be substantially enhanced. Several primers have been approved for use under FIRETEX FX1002, contact our technical team for further info. For certain dry, internal situations where the final colour/ appearance is not critical, then FIRETEX FX1002 may remain un-topcoated. For externally exposed steelwork and severe internal environments Acrolon C137V2 or Acrolon C237 must be used as a topcoat. For other internal environments where a topcoat is required then FIRETEX M71V2 should be used. In all instances for subsequent re-decoration, use FIRETEX M71V2, Acrolon C137V2 or Acrolon C237 as appropriate.
- Certifire Approved – Certificate CF708
- This product has been assessed in accordance with the Criteria of Acceptability given in the ASFP/BCF Industry Guidance Document
- This product has been tested and assessed in accordance with the ASFP firetesting protocol for cellular beam protection. See Section 6.3 from ASFP Yellow Book 4th Edition
- Tested and assessed to EN13381-8 European Technical Approval ETA-12/0049 CE Marking Number 1121-CPD-GA5005
- Drying Time: 1 hour at 15°C to touch, 4 hours at 15°C to recoat
- Colour: White
- Available in 20 Litres